Thread: Top 50 Scariest Horror Movies

Top 50 Scariest Horror Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Top 50 Scariest Horor Movies

I know these lists are made to court controversy, but "Cloverfield" at 12 and no mention of "The Omen", at least that I noticed?

There were also a few good black and white movies not mentioned, and the list would have been helped with the inclusion of a few campy seventies movies, such as "Burnt Offerings" with Oliver Reed, Karen Black, Burgess Meredith, Bette Davis, and One Creepy Chauffeur.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Senor Votto

I'm disappointed Paranormal Activity wasn't on there

As resident horror aficionado, this is a pathetic list. Then to slide in a religious view [Jesus Camp] in the middle of it only further depletes any credibility it has as a list.

I give it three thumbs down.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    I'm disappointed Paranormal Activity wasn't on there
    I'm not sure if you are being serious or not, and I'm torn between two responses so choose the one that fits your intent.

Answer A:
    Well the title is 50 scariest movies, so naturally its not going to be on that list.

Answer B:
    I agree, the rest of this list was so crappy I don't know how they missed such an overhyped and not scary at all film like PA.

Bonus Answer C:
    That movie was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I'm not sure if you are being serious or not, and I'm torn between two responses so choose the one that fits your intent.

Answer A:
    Well the title is 50 scariest movies, so naturally its not going to be on that list.

Answer B:
    I agree, the rest of this list was so crappy I don't know how they missed such an overhyped and not scary at all film like PA.

Bonus Answer C:
    That movie was terrible.
    wow a little harsh maybe?

I personally enjoyed it, and that it was a nice change of pace from the typical modern horror film, where creatively producers have interpreted, gore = scary.

Senor Votto

I think Paranormal Activity is one of two movies that have really made me jump on more than one occasion. But after the first viewing the movie is nothing special IMO. But I'd say PA is a better movie than half the stuff they put on that list.

I take my horror very seriously.

it's all intended in good fun though I assure.

Can somebody please explain to me the hype surrounding The Exorcist. Maybe it's because I'm not all that religious, but I found the movie to be more hilarious than scary.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    Can somebody please explain to me the hype surrounding The Exorcist. Maybe it's because I'm not all that religious, but I found the movie to be more hilarious than scary.
    I guess it was before it's time when it first came out.

Re: Top 50 Scariest Horror Movies

When I was a kid Salem's Lot scared the crap out of me. Sleepaway Camp was cheesy, not real well made but the end of that movie scarred me for life. Nothing I have seen though equals the Reds start this year.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    It was freaky back in the day, no doubt about it. Even scarier if you believe in possession.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    wow a little harsh maybe?

I personally enjoyed it, and that it was a nice change of pace from the typical modern horror film, where creatively producers have interpreted, gore = scary.

It was nice change of pace, but I still don't think it was a very good movie. To be honest, I found myself looking at my cell phone to see how long the movie had been on. Seemed like an eternity sitting there watching a slow building movie with very aggrivating camera use. I know it was suppose to be "actual footage" in appearance, but that really doesn't add to the creepy factor IMO. I don't pay to go see a movie because I want to feel like it is actual footage. There are plenty of those with just as impressive visual effects on YouTube.

I'm a fan of the Psychological horror. I want to feel the fear the characters are feeling. The best example of this is in the Silent Hill video games, especially the first two. If you like horror, I stronly suggest you give one of those games a try, especially Silent Hill 2. If they can make a movie with they same type of psychological toying that these games employ, I would absolutely love it. The Silent Hill movie certainly didn't accomplish this.

One movie I think every one should see is The Orphanage. It is subtitled as it was made in Spanish, but is still a great watch. I absolutely loved that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeinRed View Post
    It was nice change of pace, but I still don't think it was a very good movie. To be honest, I found myself looking at my cell phone to see how long the movie had been on. Seemed like an eternity sitting there watching a slow building movie with very aggrivating camera use. I know it was suppose to be "actual footage" in appearance, but that really doesn't add to the creepy factor IMO. I don't pay to go see a movie because I want to feel like it is actual footage. There are plenty of those with just as impressive visual effects on YouTube.

I'm a fan of the Psychological horror. I want to feel the fear the characters are feeling. The best example of this is in the Silent Hill video games, especially the first two. If you like horror, I stronly suggest you give one of those games a try, especially Silent Hill 2. If they can make a movie with they same type of psychological toying that these games employ, I would absolutely love it. The Silent Hill movie certainly didn't accomplish this.

One movie I think every one should see is The Orphanage. It is subtitled as it was made in Spanish, but is still a great watch. I absolutely loved that movie.
    I can get on board with that. I thought it was paced pretty good IMO, and set a pretty creepy atmosphere. It definitely split opinions though.

I will try to remember to check that movie out though.

I take my horror very seriously.

it's all intended in good fun though I assure.
    oh sure, and why not? But yeah that list was not very good. I've seen some scary movies in my time...not too many on that list.

Turn Off Ads?