Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Darnell McDonald

Darnell McDonald

Did anyone catch Darnell Mcdonald tonight. He was called up by the Red Sox today. He hit a two run game tying homerun. He then came up in the bottom of the 9th with the bases loaded and hit a single off the wall to win the game.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Darnell McDonald

Nice! I never minded him too much last year. Glad to see he had a good game.

-Matt

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I saw the highlights on ESPN. Pretty cool.

He's now a Red Sox legend (at least for today).

Reds Fan 4 life!!!!!

good for him, glad he's gone.
    "Ahh, Jesus, I like him very much, but He no help with curveball." - Serrano. "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?" - Harris in Major League (1989)

Good for "Ronald" McDonald.

I was scared people were actually going to post things like "See, we never shoulda got rid of him!" Glad nobody did. We are better off without him.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

We're probably better off without him, but he was a perfectly average player, which is much better than he was given credit for.

Lol. This one would have really burned if the Reds would have blew it last night.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroBourbon View Post
    I was scared people were actually going to post things like "See, we never shoulda got rid of him!" Glad nobody did. We are better off without him.
    Yeah I was afraid this thread was going to be about how the Reds messed up by getting rid of him... which we all know is an asinine argument.

I was happy to see him do well, even if it was for the Sawx.

Another HR. lol

Also an outfield assist. And walked and scored another run. Darnell's OPS after five plate appearances is currently a solid 4.000.

Darnell will not be waiting in any lines to get into clubs in Boston this weekend.
    Last edited by Boston Red; 04-21-2010 at 09:17 PM.

It won't be long before some piece of Fenway and a message board is named after him.

Reds Fan 4 life!!!!!

I hope he is an all star and he hits the game winning hit that ultimately gives Boston home field advantage and the title over St. Louis in the W.S. St. Louis is THAT lucky enough to get that far. God I hate them!!!!
    "Ahh, Jesus, I like him very much, but He no help with curveball." - Serrano. "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?" - Harris in Major League (1989)

Man, oh man, Dusty....you take the cake. I mean we HAD our solution in LF. WE HAD HIM. You even were on the right track by starting him opening day last year! And yet, you used him terribly, didn't give him his ABs, threw him off his game, and ended up letting him walk. Now look what ya did Dusty....he's RIPPING it up in Boston, where he'll probably their permanent replacement for Jason Bay for the next 10 years, and all you had to do was play him! Thanks, Dusty. Thanks for wasting another top talent by not playing him.

Turn Off Ads?