Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paul Keels, does he strike you as boring?

Re: Paul Keels, does he strike you as boring?

They truly need to move the Cowboy to TV fulltime and get him off of the radio. His play by play is horrible. The other night he said Leake had retired 7 in a row out of nine. Keels has a great voice and may improve with time.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Paul talks to hear his own voice, he has a good voice but he never shuts up

I'd rather have him than Mr. Negative (Thom). Dude can't even spell his first name right.
    "Why's he keep callin' me meat? I'm the guy drivin' a Porsche." - Calvin LaLoosh

Moneyball = Mulder, Hudson, Zito

One of my gripes with Keels is him having to constantly correct himself during calls. I can't think of an example off the top of my head, but it happens a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemo14 View Post
    They truly need to move the Cowboy to TV fulltime and get him off of the radio. His play by play is horrible. The other night he said Leake had retired 7 in a row out of nine. Keels has a great voice and may improve with time.
    I've been listening to Keels do OSU games for 12 years and while he has a great voice trust me - he won't get better.

Quote Originally Posted by jnewm777 View Post
    I've been listening to Keels do OSU games for 12 years and while he has a great voice trust me - he won't get better.
    I appreciate Thom more when he does games now. He's miles beyond Paul Keels it's not even funny. I personally wanted to see Tim Kelch do more tv. He has the Vin Scully type voice that can paint me a picture of what's going on. Paul Keels puts me to sleep. I appreciate his deep knowledge of the Reds, but he's SOOOOOO boring. I miss George Grande alot. Mark my words, he will be back by next year. I bet he gets antsy and wants to come back and FSN will get tired of all the Keels complaints.

Keels is very bland.Great voice but not anything of substance.He doesn't get fired up on a HR bomb,or big play.Thom tends to over dramatize every big play,but least he show's emotion.George Grande could get under your skin,but as a whole he was always positive about the Reds.I do hope he will come back full time next year,I look forward to hearing him later on in the season doing a few games.
    And no I ain't drinking as I type.

I have to admit that was a little disappointed in Keels at first. I think he's getting better. I also think he is more suited for radio. I don't think he cuts it on TV. I wasn't impressed with him as Bengals TV announcer either. Although I love his calls of OSU Football and Basketball. I think basketball is his best sport.

I had my issues with Grande, but generally I liked him. I guess with George Grande gone -- it's be careful what you wish for.

As far as Hoard --- he might be a little more enthusiastic than Keels --- but I was never all that geeked about him either when he was in a sub role there a few years back.

As far as Welsh cheering? Nobody ever had a problem with Joe Nuxhall being a homer to my knowledge.

One more note -- Thom is more geared for TV I think and as far as radio there is nobody than better than Marty IMO.

I have always liked Keels doing OSU games. I think he has a great voice and hope he works out.

Seems like a great guy. But it'll take me some time to get used to his style though. Personally a huge fan of Jim Kelch.

Keels just introduced Cliff Lee in LF for the Astros..............
    "...kicks and deals, and it's right down Broadway"

Bruce makes a sliding stop in RF and Kelch calmly proclaims, "And Bruce makes the catch." Although Bruce probably didn't need to slide/dive for it, it was a heck of a catch and Keels did not show any rise in emotion.

C'mon man!
    Last edited by sivman17; 04-27-2010 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPoppa View Post
    Keels just introduced Cliff Lee in LF for the Astros..............
    My apologies........apparently Kelch is on the call tonight.
    "...kicks and deals, and it's right down Broadway"

I'm liking Jim Kelch

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    I'm liking Jim Kelch
    Ditto...As for Keels, I've noticed that he never gives Chris an opening or segue to give color perspective. Thom and Chris are so much better at this.

Turn Off Ads?