Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Some misconceptions about this team and its players so far this year.

Some misconceptions about this team and its players so far this year.

1.) Brandon Phillips isnt taking walks. So far this year Brandon Phillips has taken 8 walks. The problem is with Phillips is that he isnt hitting for average.

2.) Chris Dickerson is having a better year than Drew Stubbs. I have a feeling Dusty Baker also thinks this. Dickerson does have the higher OPS of the 2 but its not by much, and Stubbs has the higher OBP and is a much better baserunner and CFer. I have a feeling a lot of fans think that Stubbs is also striking out more than Dickerson. This is simply not true. 40% of Dickerson ABs have ended in a strike out. 35% of Stubbs have. I personally dont care which one you play, although I would lean to Stubbs.

3.) Jay Bruce is useless. People think Jay Bruce is still struggling. His numbers are down because of the 1st 6 games, but since then he has an OPS of .911. So in other words he has been really good more this year than he has been bad. I really doubt many fans realize this.

Just 3 quick ones I got. Add some if you want but I felt I needed to get this off my mind because I see and hear it on the radio.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Some misconceptions about this team and its players so far this year.

Tony Gynn for Hitting Coach

Turn Off Ads?