Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Why so quiet?

Why so quiet?

It's boring around here when the Reds win. Can't we all celebrate a win?

Guess it's easier to criticize than congratulate.

1. Congrats Leake on your first major league win, way to battle.
    2. Good job by the offense to get on at, they have been swining the bats well this series.
    3. Cut down on the mental mistakes tonight.
    4. Dusty moved Stubbs down, and Stubbs responded, good work on both parts
    5. Rhodes and Coco lights out, think we found our 8th and 9th inning punch.
    6. Just took the series 2-1 from the Dodgers, who are a very good team.

Contrary to what many thought last night, armageddon didnt occur for the Reds yesterday, we responded and are 7-9.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Why so quiet?

if we werent 7-9 then maybe there would b more excitement. Couple more wins and everyone will come out

We need to follow it up by winning if not sweeping against the Padres. I'm happy with the way the Reds results so far outside of that 1 Pittsburgh series. Somehow, we've got to avoid a repeat of that this weekend.

Great to pull a series out against a tough LA team, and for Leake to start so well-I have liked him since his days at ASU and think he will have some great years ahead!!
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Rhodes was lights out, but CoCo made it "interesting", as he often does.

Yes, big ups to Leake on his first win and the first Reds' win by a starter.

Yes, the bats woke up and took notice during this series.

Yes, 2 out of 3 from the Dodgers is something to feel good about.

Yes, other than the sweep by the Pirates, this club is doing okay so far. Taking the series, or even a sweep, with the Padres would be a good step forward.
    "...kicks and deals, and it's right down Broadway"

I think getting swept by the pirates for the 1st time in many years, pushed a lot of people back into their holes.

if the standings stay the way they are now.

We can no longer use the expression. "Well at least we aren't pirate fans"

BTW: My secretary is a huge Dodgers fan. So i thoroughly enjoyed the wins this series. Bats definitely came out to play. However they were aided a bit by the dodgers laughable (Literally) Defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    It's boring around here when the Reds win. Can't we all celebrate a win?

* Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Glad to see the offense waking up. And always good to see Rhodes and CoCo shut them down.

Congrats to Mike Leake. He looks shaky at times but amazingly figures out how to get out of jams.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Glad to see the offense waking up. And always good to see Rhodes and CoCo shut them down.

Congrats to Mike Leake. He looks shaky at times but amazingly figures out how to get out of jams.
    I love the way he gives up a big fly and then just comes back bang, bang and gets another out. He did great at closing the door on any sort of potential rally quick.

I still dont know how we took 2 of 3 from these guys with all the hitting that took place. If you would have told me we'd out hit/score the Dodgers after they scored 9 and 5, I'da thought you were crazy. With that being said, hopefully this means the bats have woken up. If we take 2 of 3 from San Diego, winning 4 of 6 will look good going into Houston for 3 next week.
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

Solid win. Nice to finally bust out of our HORRENDOUS funk against LA. Now it's time to turn it around against the Padres. I live in San Diego and am surrounded by smack talking Padre fans who love telling me about how they won 6/7 against us last year (even though we had a better record). I really need us to come through in this series for mine and the Reds' sakes.

It was a great game. I was too overwhelmed to post.

I agree the more excitement the better.

Turn Off Ads?