Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dusty asked for an extension...

Dusty asked for an extension...

Reds manager Dusty Baker asked management about a contract extension, according to a major-league source, but evidently the team is not yet ready to decide upon his future.

Baker, in the last year of his deal, could be replaced if the Reds continue to flounder.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/n...-or-themselves

Worry about motivating your team and constructing a halfway decent lineup instead, Dusty.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dusty asked for an extension...

* Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

I really do hope that if he isn't fired this season, he's not asked back for next season. I like that the players respect him but he's just not the right man for the job. I don't think he really knows how to manage such a young team.

The only problem is, I have no faith in The Reds to replace him with anyone better or even as good, sadly. Big Bob seems more concerned about signing a big name than he is about credentials and I really don't know how I feel about Jocketty's decision making yet.

So we shall see.

i mean it makes no sense, what kind of manager goes their boss and asks for an extension? especially when you havent done very well at your job. i mean i wonder if walt and bob just looked at each other dumbfounded after dusty left the office.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    I really do hope that if he isn't fired this season, he's not asked back for next season. I like that the players respect him but he's just not the right man for the job. I don't think he really knows how to manage such a young team.

The only problem is, I have no faith in The Reds to replace him with anyone better or even as good, sadly. Big Bob seems more concerned about signing a big name than he is about credentials and I really don't know how I feel about Jocketty's decision making yet.

So we shall see.

I really hope that if he isn't fired this season than he is asked to come back. Here's why: i would hope that if he is not fired that means we put it together soon and start playing like a playoff contender, and get up around 85+ wins.
    If that happens than its gonna be hard for us to find someone who could likely do better. My reasoning is all about us winning and not about Dusty.

With no response to the extension question, perhaps Dusty abuses a few pitchers during games this season trying to win at all costs.

If he asked for one and got denied this will end well.

From what I read in tORG I think the response was more like "we aren't going to discuss it at this time." Not so much a flat out no but probably more of a why in the world would you bring up an extension when our team is playing like crap for the first 20 games kinda response.

This is hilarious!

Kind of shows everyone that dusty isn't all there in the melon.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    This is hilarious!

Kind of shows everyone that dusty isn't all there in the melon.
    I gotta admit I'm shocked he asked. We've either been in the basement or second to last in our division for the most part and he thinks he deserves an extension?

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I gotta admit I'm shocked he asked. We've either been in the basement or second to last in our division for the most part and he thinks he deserves an extension?
    It never hurts to try! You would just think he would at least wait til a 3 game winning streak or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    It never hurts to try! You would just think he would at least wait til a 3 game winning streak or something.
    Gotta get 2 first...
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    He's probably asking before he ends up putting this team in the cellar.

Baker denies report
    Posted by jfay April 27th, 2010, 6:32 pm

Dusty Baker said a report from foxsports.com that he asked for a contract extension is not true.

“Nothing to it,” he said. “Where do rumors like that come from?”

There was no time frame mentioned in the report. Baker, of course, is in the last year of a three-year contract.

My take on Baker’s future remains the same: The Reds have to have a winning record this year for him to have a chance to return.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Turn Off Ads?