Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reds need a manager with some FIRE in their BELLY!

Reds need a manager with some FIRE in their BELLY!

I think what the Reds need is a manager who spits fire. Dusty is a nice guy, not an emotional in your face type of guy. Just look at the history of the Reds and notice when the manager is a Wuss, we get a Wussy team. When there is FIRE, the teams goes after them.

Jack M was a fire pistol, Reds win, Johnson was hard nosed with fire and the Reds won, LOU well we know how he is and the Reds won it all. Sparky Anderson was fire and guts and the Reds won all the time. Even Johnny Mac had fire in his eyes in 79 and the Reds were winning.

Too much baby footing has taken place since Jack took us to the playoffs. WHo do you remember the most as manager, Boone or Jack. Narron or Johnny Mac.

We have to go out and get a a guy with passion and not afraid to go get him and get in your face with attitude.

Any suggestions on who this person might be? It does not have to be a big name. Just some Heart, Soul, Passion and Attitude.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds need a manager with some FIRE in their BELLY!

Reds need good baseball players.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Reds need good baseball players.
    And smart people making baseball decisions who understand that you can't win playing the game like it was played in the 1970s (for the most part).

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    And smart people making baseball decisions who understand that you can't win playing the game like it was played in the 1970s (for the most part).
    I'm the biggest Dusty hater around, and want him gone for sure. But I don't think anyone could win with this team.

I think there are a LOT of obvious decisions that would certainly enhance the squads prospects though... Phillips not hitting in the 4 hole is one... Moving Bruce up (probably to 2) is another... Being flexible with the lead-off role, proper management of the staff... I could go on.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    I'm the biggest Dusty hater around, and want him gone for sure. But I don't think anyone could win with this team.
    Win or go to the playoffs? I think some guys could win (83-84 wins). Don't think anyone is taking the team as constructed today to the playoffs though.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Ray Knight had some fire, right? Let's bring him back since the first go round worked so well.

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    I think there are a LOT of obvious decisions that would certainly enhance the squads prospects though... Phillips not hitting in the 4 hole is one... Moving Bruce up (probably to 2) is another... Being flexible with the lead-off role, proper management of the staff... I could go on.
    "Enhance" is a vague term. What lineup changes would you do, and how many runs would it be worth. What staff changes would you do, and what do you suppose the bottom line would be for this team.

Given the way everyone on the team has played so far, the Reds could have had the perfect lineup and perfect pitching rotation/bullpen use, and they'd still be sub-500.

Baseball is a very individualized game when it is all said and done...very few players involved in each play for the most part. When your pitchers have the 15th best ERA and your batters are 12th or worse in most categories...you are going to have a losing team.

Screaming is not a solution to anything.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    Screaming is not a solution to anything.
    What is the problem is that the person you are trying to talk to is far and can't hear you at a normal vocal range and getting closer to them is not an option?

Lee Elia... is he still alive?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Vern Rapp had fire, Don Hefner had fire, sometimes that's all they have.

How about a smart manager over one who thinks he can intimidate guys making more money in a year than said manager has probably made in his whole life.
    Last edited by westofyou; 04-27-2010 at 12:04 AM.

Lou's fire didn't do much for Tampa Bay.

This Reds team needs a guy who can nurture young guys, no not the AAA guy, maybe a player Development guru.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Win or go to the playoffs? I think some guys could win (83-84 wins). Don't think anyone is taking the team as constructed today to the playoffs though.
    I agree with this.A good manager could get this team over .500.It would take some luck or a major addition to the roster to get to 90 wins and the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Lou's fire didn't do much for Tampa Bay.

This Reds team needs a guy who can nurture young guys, no not the AAA guy, maybe a player Development guru.
    I agree with Krono in this.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Turn Off Ads?