Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22

Thread: Realistically, when could Janish & Hanigan start?

  1. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    7,580

    Re: Realistically, when could Janish & Hanigan start?

    Hanigan has 6 more RBI's than Hernandez, and Hernandez always hits in a better RBI spot than Hanigan.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,080

    Re: Realistically, when could Janish & Hanigan start?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Hanigan has 6 more RBI's than Hernandez, and Hernandez always hits in a better RBI spot than Hanigan.
    I am not sure what you are basing this off of. So far this yer Hernandez has hit 6th one game, 7th one game, and 8th the rest. Hanigan has also hit 6th once, 7th once, and 8th the rest (also had 2 pinch hits).

    However, you could say Hanigan has 6 more RBI than Hernandez in 15 less plate appearances. Or 6 more RBI in 2 less opportunities with RISP.

  4. #18
    Resident PED Expert nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Centerville, Ohio
    Posts
    1,420

    Re: Realistically, when could Janish & Hanigan start?

    Hanigan isn't making $6 million over 2 years. Hernandez is. That does play into effect when Dusty makes out his lineup. But if Dusty is wanting to keep his job he needs to be more outside his box as far as lineups go. Moving Hanigan to the 2 hole could be a great start.

    Moving Phillips to the 1 hole be even better. Hard to hit into a Phillips or hit a 5 run homer if your leading off the game and hitting after a pitcher who either sacrifised or got out. Move Stubbs to 8th and you have a tidy little lineup...

    Phillips
    Hanigan
    Votto
    Rolen
    Bruce
    Cabrera
    Gomes/Nix
    Stubbs/Dickerson
    If you can't be a good example... then you'll just have to be a horrible warning...

    Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels...

  5. #19
    Reds Fan 4 life!!!!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Covington, Ky
    Posts
    337

    Re: Realistically, when could Janish & Hanigan start?

    I like the platoons. I don't think Hanigan will ever be a star catcher. I think he will be a platoon guy his entire career. But I think he can work into the majority role of that platoon, but not yet. He is off to a great start, I hope he keeps it going.

    Janish is what he is, the best ss without a bat. He is seeing the ball well now, but as soon as he has that job, the bat will slip. I do want to see him in the lineup 1 or 2 times a week, as well as a defensive replacement in the 7th or 8th EVERY game. He should get a few more ab a week if we do that.
    "Ahh, Jesus, I like him very much, but He no help with curveball." - Serrano. "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?" - Harris in Major League (1989)

  6. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,080

    Re: Realistically, when could Janish & Hanigan start?

    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    Hanigan isn't making $6 million over 2 years. Hernandez is. That does play into effect when Dusty makes out his lineup. But if Dusty is wanting to keep his job he needs to be more outside his box as far as lineups go. Moving Hanigan to the 2 hole could be a great start.

    Moving Phillips to the 1 hole be even better. Hard to hit into a Phillips or hit a 5 run homer if your leading off the game and hitting after a pitcher who either sacrifised or got out. Move Stubbs to 8th and you have a tidy little lineup...

    Phillips
    Hanigan
    Votto
    Rolen
    Bruce
    Cabrera
    Gomes/Nix
    Stubbs/Dickerson
    Why do we want to move Hanigan out of the 8 hole into the 2 hole when he just had 3 rbi's there last night. He has been producing in the 8 hole all season so far, so why not just let him keep producing there.

  7. #21
    Member 1990REDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    472

    Re: Realistically, when could Janish & Hanigan start?

    Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    Why do we want to move Hanigan out of the 8 hole into the 2 hole when he just had 3 rbi's there last night. He has been producing in the 8 hole all season so far, so why not just let him keep producing there.
    I agree, it goes to the old saying if it aint broke then dont fix it and right now hannigan is one of the few things thats not broke.

  8. #22
    The Franchise sivman17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Akron, OH
    Posts
    736

    Re: Realistically, when could Janish & Hanigan start?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1990REDS View Post
    I agree, it goes to the old saying if it aint broke then dont fix it and right now hannigan is one of the few things thats not broke.
    Yeah, so Dusty decides to bench him. Seemingly b/c Hanigan has played in 3 of the last 5 games and Hernandez makes 6 mil a year.

    Dusty has to realize his time here is nearly up. Who cares who makes the money? Use the lineup that has the best shot of winning that game. You don't bench your hottest player simply because the alternative makes more money.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25