Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/27/10 Reds deep in the heart of Texas (Astros)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

4/27/10 Reds deep in the heart of Texas (Astros)

Drew Stubbs 8

Brandon Phillips 4

Joey Votto 3

Scott Rolen 5

Jay Bruce 9

Orlando Cabrera 6

Jonny Gomes 7

Ryan Hanigan 2

Aaron Harang RHP

A little different look. Believe it or not, Phillips did not hit second at all last year. The other thing to note: This is Hanigan’s eighth start. Ramon Hernandez has 12. Hanigan started the year playing only one out of five days.

Re: 4/27/10 Reds deep in the heart of Texas (Astros)

I can almost get behind this lineup.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I like it too. Let's see if the guys can get this road trip started off well with a win tonight.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Switch OC and Gomes, but other in that I have no problem with it.

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Gomes is going to be swinging harder (if that is possible) with those Crawford boxes tempting him in left

Personally I have found memories of Ramon going opposite way a couple of different times to win or tie games late in Houston last year.

Just hope Hanigan can limit the damage with Harang tonight

Harang is due for a mediocre start tonight.That's about as good as it gets.

WOW! Philips finally moved out of the clean-up spot. I like the lineup, except Stubbs in the L-o spot. I'd almost prefer O-Cab leading off, Gomes 6th and Stubbs 7th. Yeah, you read that right. Couldn't hurt to try it, at least. It'd be heard for Cabrera to do worse there than Stubbsley/C-Dick have.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Wow. My head is spinning. What happened? Seriously, WHO made out this lineup card? Darren Baker?

Seriously though, I kinda like it. I think Stubbs would have more success lower in the lineup. But we really don't have a prototypical leadoff man anyway. Heck, if you take speed out of the equation...Hanigan might be decent at leadoff. Doesn't strike out much, puts the ball in play at a nice clip, has excellent plate discipline and a nice OBP.

But until our hitters actually start hitting at a decent clip, no amount of lineup switching will make much difference. It's up to the players to hit themselves out of the doldrums.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Wow. My head is spinning. What happened? Seriously, WHO made out this lineup card? Darren Baker?

Seriously though, I kinda like it. I think Stubbs would have more success lower in the lineup. But we really don't have a prototypical leadoff man anyway. Heck, if you take speed out of the equation...Hanigan might be decent at leadoff. Doesn't strike out much, puts the ball in play at a nice clip, has excellent plate discipline and a nice OBP.

But until our hitters actually start hitting at a decent clip, no amount of lineup switching will make much difference. It's up to the players to hit themselves out of the doldrums.
    Sir Charles, I will back you up on having the crazy thought that Hanigan might be a decent leadoff hitter too. It is just too bad that Dusty thinks the lead-off hitter "has" to be able to steal a bag. Otherwise, he might come up with this crazy idea too. On the other hand, no one has ever complained about a lead-off hitter's BA w/RISP.

its a start.
    #3 Votto
    #4 Rolen

hopefully we see this the rest of the way out.

Good time to try out a new lineup. With Harang pitching it won't matter much if it works or not.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by TheNext44 View Post
    Good time to try out a new lineup. With Harang pitching it won't matter much if it works or not.
    I agree with the sentiment. However I have this funny feeling that Harang turns a corner tonight. Call me what you will.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Does this mean Phillips is now the SS as only shortstops bats second?

High five!

Chat excellence begins...NOW!

As much as I bellyache about Phillips, I do like the idea of him batting 2nd if it keeps him from trying to jack the ball 450 feet. The results didn't show it in that at bat, but he was patient, worked himself in to a hitters count and put a great stroke on the ball. Good to see.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Turn Off Ads?