Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Aroldis Chapman report on Wednesday

Aroldis Chapman report on Wednesday

Hey guys, I just wanted to let everyone know that I'll be at Aroldis Chapman's start in Scranton on Wednesday. I'll be tweeting during the game with updates and I'll have a post on my blog about Chapman after the game. The blog is 60feet-6inches.com and the Twitter username is @60feetsixinches. Thanks.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Aroldis Chapman report on Wednesday

Sounds good. Have fun.

cool.

I added you on twitter. Looking forward to what you see/report. First time I've visited the blog too. Looks like you have some baseball experience, so it will be interesting to see what you report.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Thanks. It's going to be cold and windy tonight, so we'll see if that affects Chapman or how long he pitches in any way. It didn't seem to bother Stephen Strasburg, who tossed five no-hit innings in Reading (about two hours south of Scranton) last night. But I guess we'll see.

I'm particularly interested to see how he attacks hitters when he's ahead and whether he seems to favor his fastball or slider as a strikeout pitch.

I also added you on Twitter. I'm RedsFan47.

Great, thanks. If you guys have any questions during the game, just tweet at me and I'll do my best to answer.

MOOSIC - It was the only question Aroldis Chapman answered that the media swarmed around him didn't need a translator to help.

As he sat bundled up in the dugout, his hands in the pockets and his chin under the zipper of his black and purple Louisville Bats jacket, Chapman was asked if he has ever pitched in weather quite as chilly as what he was feeling Tuesday night at PNC Field.

He laughed.

"No," he replied immediately and smiled
    http://citizensvoice.com/sports/chap...-cuba-1.749468

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    It's going to be colder tonight than it was last night, too. I know Donnie Collins, who wrote that story, very well. Check out his blog at blogs.thetimes-tribune.com/yankees/ to see what he thinks of Chapman tonight. He's already asked me for some input and my radar gun readings tonight. Should be a fun night despite the weather.

Just got home. Chapman looked good, although he allowed a pair of homers in his six innings. I had him topping out at 103 on a strikeout of the first hitter he faced, and at 100 or 101 four other times. Some scouts in attendance said they had him topping at 101. Either way, he throws gas. I'm sitting down to write now, so I'll post a link when I'm done.

Turn Off Ads?