Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4/29 Minor League Updates

Re: 4/29 Minor League Updates

Did you know that last week he reached 100mph with the team's radar?
    Whoa. I had no idea he threw that hard. It's amazing to me it has not been reported he has that kind of velocity.

I guess I have a couple questions....

What's his primary secondary pitch?
    How does he like relieving?

Merci!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Whoa. I had no idea he threw that hard. It's amazing to me it has not been reported he has that kind of velocity.

I guess I have a couple questions....

What's his primary secondary pitch?
    How does he like relieving?

Merci!
    He did indeed hit it. I got in touch with someone who verified they too had heard about it. If Valiquette is throwing that extra 2 MPH consistently (last I had him at was 93-95 consistently), it certainly can make a difference. Toss in that he is a lefty and its even more exciting.

Funny, I remember a post in 2005 when he was pitching in Dayton, Phil was 18, the poster said he did not believe that a kid a few years older than him could pitch that fast. Right Lollipopcurve.

That kind of velocity can also work against you : imagine the batter that did not see the pitch right, now how about the catcher and the umpire? Just think Chapman and the number of balls he gets.

His best pitch is surely the fastball, he told me a while ago that a pitching coach said his fastball has so much movement that it's like a knucle ball coming at 94-95mph.

His changeup is also effective but he added a slider 2 years ago that he uses a lot, he still need to control it better and find the proper speed to throw it for strikes consistently.

Philippe-Alexandre likes relieving but closing is his love. He said that he gets high on adrenaline when he closes a game. He also can give everything he's got since he does not have to go 6-7 innings. Phil is a winner and I guess relieving can reward him a ton.
    Last edited by RedsUp; 04-30-2010 at 03:27 PM.

Turn Off Ads?