Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Heisey today to start anyway

No Heisey today to start anyway

Per J. Fay
    lineup: Stubbs 8, Phillips 4, Votto 3, Rolen 5, Bruce 9, Cabrera 6, Nix 7, Hanigan 2, Bailey RHP

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: No Heisey today to start anyway

hanigan in there today!

Very nice.

Yeah it's gonna be very hard to keep hannigan out of the lineup with the way he's hitting.

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting The Voice of IH's Avatar

when was the last time the reds Started a rookie making his major league debut (who is not a starting pitcher of course)?
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice of IH View Post
    when was the last time the reds Started a rookie making his major league debut (who is not a starting pitcher of course)?
    Bruce, Stubbs both come to mind. I wouldnt doubt if Votto and Edwin both did.

Francisco

Heisey isnt going to get any playing time I have a feeling. He wont even let him pinch hit.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Stubbs is struggling big time. I'd start Heisey tomorrow against Carpenter, even if he is a tough pitcher.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Reds Fan 4 life!!!!!

I don't see Heisey sniffing the lineup this week.
    "Ahh, Jesus, I like him very much, but He no help with curveball." - Serrano. "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?" - Harris in Major League (1989)

Yeah, let's keep sending Stubbs out there to strikeout looking.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Yeah, let's keep sending Stubbs out there to strikeout looking.
    I trust Stubbs eye on pretty much every ball and strike. He got called out on some bad calls yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I trust Stubbs eye on pretty much every ball and strike. He got called out on some bad calls yesterday.
    I strongly disagree. He is swinging through pitches and taking some good ones to boot. He's completely lost at the plate right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I strongly disagree. He is swinging through pitches and taking some good ones to boot. He's completely lost at the plate right now.
    Stubbs is near the league leaders in not swinging at balls (35th). His eye is as good as anyones.

Stubbs is near the league leaders in not swinging at balls (35th). His eye is as good as anyones.
    Not lately.

He isn't swinging at strikes either.

Turn Off Ads?