Turn Off Ads?

Thread: A conversation about hitting with Joey Votto

A conversation about hitting with Joey Votto

Interesting stuff from Fay.

Votto’s something of a natural. Insiders in the Reds organization knew he would end up in the big leagues after seeing him put on a show at Cinergy Field a couple days after he was drafted in 2002.

Votto hones his craft. He’s one of the hardest workers on the team and he embraces the cerebral side of hitting.

What follows is a conversation with Votto about The At-Bat, the four or five times a day he steps in the box and battles a pitcher:

“I spend all day preparing for each of them. It’s a culmination of all my focus throughout the day that goes into that minute and a half or however long I’m out there. I do my best to concentrate.
    full article:
    http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...aA+5f7GM8q4%3D

2. Turn Off Ads?
    High five!

Re: A conversation about hitting with Joey Votto

Cool!

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Fay liked his article so much he decided to type in there twice. Good grief.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Fay liked his article so much he decided to type in there twice. Good grief.
    Another Fayl?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Great article! There's nothing better for me than to come home from vacation and read a great story about my guy.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Turn Off Ads?