Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Daily News reporter taunts Phillies fans with Mets win at Citzens Bank Park

Daily News reporter taunts Phillies fans with Mets win at Citzens Bank Park

"PHILADELPHIA - Risking life and limb, I marched into Citizens Bank Park wearing Mets regalia Friday and loudly chanted the three words that drive every Phillies fan insane: "LET'S GO METS."

I repeated the time-honored refrain all over the ballpark and at some of the city's best-known landmarks, drawing boos, threats, curses and taunts wherever I turned.

But with the Amazins' building upon their NL East lead with an 9-1 blowout victory, Mets fans have bragging rights here for the first time in years. Our old rivalry once again has some juice to it. I wasn't about to pass up the chance to do a little gloating."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...#ixzz0mo2FETz1

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Daily News reporter taunts Phillies fans with Mets win at Citzens Bank Park

When a Phillies security guard wearing a Phillies World Series Ring took a half swing at me mid-Mets chant, I knew this was truly hostile territory.

"I'm not protecting you as long as you have that jersey on," he said.
    Phillies fans - and apparently their employees too - are the scum of baseball.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    Phillies fans - and apparently their employees too - are the scum of baseball.
    Can't say I agree with the attitude of the security guard, but I can't say I'm a big fan of a so-called "journalist" walking around trying to stir up trouble with an opposing team's fans. It's one thing to report on the news or write commentary on the news, it's another thing to go out and try to create it.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Can't say I agree with the attitude of the security guard, but I can't say I'm a big fan of a so-called "journalist" walking around trying to stir up trouble with an opposing team's fans. It's one thing to report on the news or write commentary on the news, it's another thing to go out and try to create it.
    happens all the time

"Do you understand that the world does not revolve around you and your do whatever it takes, ruin as many people's lives, so long as you can make a name for yourself as an investigatory journalist, no matter how many friends you lose or people you leave dead and bloodied along the way, just so long so you can make a name for yourself as an investigatory journalist, no matter how many friends you lose or people you leave dead and bloodied and dying along the way? " -Derek Zoolander

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Remember, it's the New York Daily News. They're going for the huge headlines: MAYHEM RIOTING! in mega bold print. Hopefully with the broken and beaten reporter in full glory on the cover page.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Turn Off Ads?