Turn Off Ads?
Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: Drew Stubbs

Re: Drew Stubbs

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Replacing a career .319 OBP and .716 OPS CF with a career .287 OBP and .613 OPS guy playing out of position, but for a night or two sure I'll play along

As long as it's temporary, just about anybody is a better option than Stubbs' right now, he's had plenty of time to turn it around. It's what they need to do the rest of the season that's the problem I suppose...find somebody.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I know most of the posters in this thread won't think this matters, but during this 0-28 streak, Stubbs BB/K rate is actually better than his career's .44 to .32.

Right now, Justin Upton is in a 2-25 streak, and Corey Hart recently had a 1-24 streak. I am sure I could find over a dozen examples of good hitters who have been in similar bad luck streaks as Stubbs.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I am sure I could find over a dozen examples of good hitters who have been in similar bad luck streaks as Stubbs.
    A) Stubbs is not a good hitter. Not even close.
    B) Do you really think luck is the reason Stubbs is slumping?
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

I know most of the posters in this thread won't think this matters, but during this 0-28 streak, Stubbs BB/K rate is actually better than his career's .44 to .32.

Right now, Justin Upton is in a 2-25 streak, and Corey Hart recently had a 1-24 streak. I am sure I could find over a dozen examples of good hitters who have been in similar bad luck streaks as Stubbs.
    But he has a .638 OPS.

I keep hoping he'll work himself back into 2010 form-but I think it's time to send him to AAA. He's in a really bad stretch- I hope he can fix things in the minors. If he shows some major improvement, call him back up in September.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    I keep hoping he'll work himself back into 2010 form-but I think it's time to send him to AAA. He's in a really bad stretch- I hope he can fix things in the minors. If he shows some major improvement, call him back up in September.
    When he'll make a fine PR

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    But he has a .638 OPS.
    It was .707 before the slump.

His BABIP is at .272. His career BABIP is .325. Everything points to Stubbs being around a .715 OPS guy. I expect him to be that going forward.

His BABIP is at .272. His career BABIP is .325. Everything points to Stubbs being around a .715 OPS guy. I expect him to be that going forward.
    He hasn't been that in a year and a half.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Give me Stubbs at his worst in center over Valdez any freakin day of the week.

Stubbs was in the high .680s range last year in almost 700 plate appearances.

.717 is a dream. And not that great a dream BTW.

I don't think .717 is a "dream." He's done it before. If we didn't overuse him, he could be a very useful player. But letting him bat 700 times a year and hitting him at the top of the order just sets him up to fail.

He was at .707 a week ago, and hit .773 two years ago. Adjust his BABIP just to league average, and he's fine. Adjust it to his career average, and he's even better.

He looked terrible in LA, so I understand the reaction, but even in San Fran and before, he looked better in term of pitch recognition than he ever has.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    He hasn't been that in a year and a half.
    Yes, he has been below his career norms for a little over the past year. Even then, it's not so much of a decline that he's unworthy of a roster spot or anything. We're talking about a temporary under-performance with some of the reason for it being tied to luck. It happens to pretty much every Major Leaguer at some point. I'd love to hear your alternative solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Yes, he has been below his career norms for a little over the past year. Even then, it's not so much of a decline that he's unworthy of a roster spot or anything. We're talking about a temporary under-performance with some of the reason for it being tied to luck. It happens to pretty much every Major Leaguer at some point. I'd love to hear your alternative solutions.
    Get somebody who can hit.

Get somebody who can hit.
    Stubbs is not a good hitter, and probably never will be. However, even with below average hitting skills, he has the overall talent to be a productive player in CF.

Turn Off Ads?