Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The Billy Hamilton Drinking Game

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

The Billy Hamilton Drinking Game

Here's something you can all do along with me to add a little action to the postseason.

Each time a situation arises in which the Reds could use Billy Hamilton, drink two shots of your favorite intoxicating liquor.

Each time a situation arises in which you're glad to have Cairo and Valdez on the postseason roster, drink two shots of wheatgrass and then run a lap around the block.

Methinks that the participants in this game are more likely to end up in emergency rooms than improving their digestive and cardiovascular health.
    Stick to your guns.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Billy Hamilton Drinking Game

2 shots in 8th inning when Heisey pinch ran for Ludwick
    Stick to your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    2 shots in 8th inning when Heisey pinch ran for Ludwick
    Phillips was on 2nd. You're going to use Hamilton as a PR when the base ahead of him is occupied?

No more shots for you. You've had enough!
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Phillips was on 2nd. You're going to use Hamilton as a PR when the base ahead of him is occupied?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post

au contraire. If you had used Hamilton in that situation, you could have double switched the next inning and put Heisey in the 9 hole (and Broxton in the 4 hole) rather than wasting his bat and having the pitcher come up 4th the next inning. As it turned out, Paul got a hit, but it was a fluke bloop hit.
    Stick to your guns.

Each time a situation arises in which you're glad to have Cairo and Valdez on the postseason roster, drink two shots of wheatgrass and then run a lap around the block.
    With Cozart having an oblique problem towards the end of the season, I want Valdez on the postseason roster. We need a legitimate SS to backup the infield more than a pinch runner.. So there's no scenerio in which I prefer Hamilton over Valdez.

Cairo? I really have no problem with him being the 25th man. He's had a bad year, but he's been a valuable contributor as a Red. This is probably going to be his last pro season. Let him be on the roster.. I doubt Cairo is going to be the difference of us winning or losing a game..

Billy H is going to have to play AFL and learn CF.. It's not a bad idea to let him rest until the AFL starts up.. He played nearly every game in the minors, and stole a lot of bases.. IMO, the Reds made the right call here. I'm a huge fan of Billy H, but I doubt he makes a difference in the playoffs.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Wheatgrass for all!

Last night I was happy to have guys capable of playing 1B, 3B, SS and LF on the roster so that four regular contributors with recent injury issues (Rolen, Votto, Cozart, Ludwick) could take a seat on the bench.

I think that I'll also be glad at the Rule V draft when Hamilton isn't on the 40.

It would be nice if the team had better backups than Cairo and Valdez, sure. But Hamilton isn't the solution there.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

There has not been one situation in the first two games where Hamilton would have been used. FWIW. But Cairo wasn't needed as well, unless you consider spelling Votto for an inning invaluable.

Turn Off Ads?