Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Drew Stubbs

Re: Drew Stubbs: Uncle

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Dude hit a bomb his first plate appearence. 436 feet tonight. He's having a good night tonight at the plate.
    If anybody needed proof that he does have power, that should do it. He's now got 10 HR is less than a half season's worth of at bats. He still needs to make a lot more contact, but power is not the issue.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    But what if he never DID get it right? There's no guarantee that more time in the minors would have resulted in better performance. I don't think the Reds have mishandled Drew Stubbs. I just think he is what he is, which is a below average baseball player. The speed and the power are a tease, because while it's there, I don't think he's ever going to be able to put it consistently together as a major league player.
    So you are saying he is Rolando Roomes?
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    So you are saying he is Rolando Roomes?
    Good call. I have fond memories of Rolando Roomes hitting a pair of game winning HRs back during the 1989 season. Too bad almost every one of his other plate appearances I remember resulted in a strikeout.
    Go BLUE!!!

There was something in the air that night
    The stars were bright, Rolando
    They were shining there for you and me
    For liberty, Rolando
    Though we never thought that we could lose
    There's no regret
    If I had to do the same again
    I would, my friend, Rolando
    Yes, if I had to do the same again
    I would, my friend, Rolando...

Needed him tonight! I"m ok with him in the line up because we have no one else, but he doesn't need to be lead off now.

Drew is up to .627 on the year, and considering the start he had, I think that's pretty decent. Numbers are certainly trending upward.

In a SSS from the 7 hole (33 AB's) he's hitting .333/.389/.545/.934. I hope he continues to thrive from the 7 hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Drew is up to .627 on the year, and considering the start he had, I think that's pretty decent. Numbers are certainly trending upward.

In a SSS from the 7 hole (33 AB's) he's hitting .333/.389/.545/.934. I hope he continues to thrive from the 7 hole.
    Not sure if the 7 hole is the reason (could be that it helped his head), the day off when Heisey played to watch tape and see the uppercut in the swing or if he's just Streaky, but I think Stubbs may be a positive offensive guy for a little while.

The trick will be to see if it lasts past Memorial Day.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I'm just glad he's getting consistent PA. All players need to adjust when they come up to the majors. I don't know if he'll adjust enough to stick, but with his glove and speed, he should get every opportunity to do so.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Good to see and I hope it continues. I also hope that he can produce like this one day out of the leadoff spot. By my count, Reds now have four "7 hole" hitters between Stubbs, Cabrera, Hernanigan, and whoever is playing LF.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Good to see and I hope it continues. I also hope that he can produce like this one day out of the leadoff spot. By my count, Reds now have four "7 hole" hitters between Stubbs, Cabrera, Hernanigan, and whoever is playing LF.
    Add Phillips vs. RHP.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

He has been looking better and better as of late at the plate.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I'm just glad he's getting consistent PA. All players need to adjust when they come up to the majors. I don't know if he'll adjust enough to stick, but with his glove and speed, he should get every opportunity to do so.
    Absolutely, given his age, his green-ness, speed and glove, I'm hoping the Reds give Stubbs a ton of rope.

Because when he's on he gives the Reds a dimension they haven't had a long, long time.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

With his ability to take a walk, Stubbs only needs to hit around .240-.250 to be an extremely productive player (accounting for defensive value).

If he keeps making quality PAs, the numbers will take care of themselves.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Senor Votto

Becoming my favorite uncle

Yep. Been saying it all along. 500-600 ABs this year, hitting lower in the order if he struggles at the top. Development continues at the major league level for almost every player.

Turn Off Ads?