Turn Off Ads?
Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Drew Stubbs

Re: Drew Stubbs

Fangraphs on Stubbs:

Drew Stubbs looks like a home run hitter in the Major Leagues now, and despite his minor league numbers, don’t be surprised if Stubbs continues to hit for decent power numbers as his career continues.
    http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...-power-threat/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Stubbs will be a fast guy for most of his career...but how long do you think his elite speed will last?
    A great question....he's such a smooth runner, doesn't seem like he'd lose it all of a sudden ala Phillips.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Someone pegged him at a .770 OPS at the start of the year, though with a .345 OBP and .425 SLG.
    http://redsminorleagues.com/2010/03/...-and-notes-14/
    No question Doug, Drew Stubbs should be at the top of your resume of a scout of minor league talent.

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    A great question....he's such a smooth runner, doesn't seem like he'd lose it all of a sudden ala Phillips.
    My thought is that he has Eric Davis-type speed--it will never completely go away. He might lose a step or two in his mid-to-late 30's, but he will always be a "fast guy", like Davis or Rickey Henderson.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    My thought is that he has Eric Davis-type speed--it will never completely go away. He might lose a step or two in his mid-to-late 30's, but he will always be a "fast guy", like Davis or Rickey Henderson.
    Those fast guys with lanky builds do seem to age well; Kenny Lofton and more recently, Juan Pierre (just stole a career high 68 bags at 32), come to mind as well.

I think some guys slow down because they fill out over time. This certainly happened to ARod and Griffey, even prior to the injuries.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Fangraphs on Stubbs:

Quote:
    Drew Stubbs looks like a home run hitter in the Major Leagues now, and despite his minor league numbers, don’t be surprised if Stubbs continues to hit for decent power numbers as his career continues.
    http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...-power-threat/
    Heady, heady insight.

I don't give a hoot about his strikeouts, Drew Stubbs should be the Reds leadoff hitter in 2011. Stubbs put up some pretty impressive numbers from the AllStar break untill the end of the 2010 season.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I don't give a hoot about his strikeouts, Drew Stubbs should be the Reds leadoff hitter in 2011. Stubbs put up some pretty impressive numbers from the AllStar break untill the end of the 2010 season.
    His OBP in the last 2 months was .363 and .406... if he could maintain his OBP somewhere in that range, he'd be a great leadoff hitter. I'd rather see him there than Janish or Phillips.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Maturity and experience at the ML level. I remember, earlier in the year, where many were quite frustrated with this kid, especially his K's and plate disciple. Ya gotta show some patience and give these kids some time. The minors only show so much, can only take them so far, and can only give one a glimpse of that "raw" potential.

Personally, I think we've found us a CFer, and a RFer (the same applies to Bruce). Now lets find us a LFer.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Personally, I think we've found us a CFer, and a RFer (the same applies to Bruce). Now lets find us a LFer.
    Ryan LaMarre ?
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    He's the best choice on the roster, for sure. If the Reds don't get a Jose Reyes for SS or a Coco Crisp/ Johnny Damon for LF, he's the best choice for leadoff.

I would love to see Cincinnati step up in the free agent market and grab someone at a position of need. It'd be nice to see a deal for Reyes and a contract extension. Or, even better, how about:

Reyes, FRod, and Betran from NY to Cincinnati for Alonso, Heisey, Cozart, Maloney, Cordero, Phillips, Joseph, and Jordan Smith.

The Mets might need to even out the money, but that'd be fairly easy to do. New York would grab at least three everyday starters, one of which could be a steal, plus three relief arms, all the while giving up two major headaches.

Cincinnati would be able to put some of its depth to work here and have a really solid lineup, not to mention an improved closer and leadoff hitter:

Reyes 2B
    Beltran LF
    Votto 1B
    Rolen 3B
    Bruce RF
    Stubbs CF
    Mesoraco/ Hanigan C
    Janish SS

Reyes, FRod, and Betran from NY to Cincinnati for Alonso, Heisey, Cozart, Maloney, Cordero, Phillips, Joseph, and Jordan Smith.
    I'm not sure about this trade either way, but with Ike Davis at 1st, the Metropolitans really have no use for Alonso. Still a good package for them though.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    I'm not sure about this trade either way, but with Ike Davis at 1st, the Metropolitans really have no use for Alonso. Still a good package for them though.

That's the problem with Alonso being your prime trade chip. I think the market is limited because almost every team has their own up and coming bat at 1B in their system.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    He's the best choice on the roster, for sure. If the Reds don't get a Jose Reyes for SS or a Coco Crisp/ Johnny Damon for LF, he's the best choice for leadoff.

I would love to see Cincinnati step up in the free agent market and grab someone at a position of need. It'd be nice to see a deal for Reyes and a contract extension. Or, even better, how about:

The Mets might need to even out the money, but that'd be fairly easy to do. New York would grab at least three everyday starters, one of which could be a steal, plus three relief arms, all the while giving up two major headaches.

Cincinnati would be able to put some of its depth to work here and have a really solid lineup, not to mention an improved closer and leadoff hitter:

Reyes 2B
    Beltran LF
    Votto 1B
    Rolen 3B
    Bruce RF
    Stubbs CF
    Mesoraco/ Hanigan C
    Janish SS
    There really is no difference right now between Cordero and K-Rod, actually I'd prefer CoCo because at least he's not an ass off the field. Jose Reyes... who knows? Can the guy stay healthy, or is he going to blow out hamstrings for the rest of eternity? And Beltran... no thanks. The guy isn't getting any younger, and it showed last year. Now, his numbers would probably get a boost going from Citi to GABP, but I don't give up that much young talent for THAT package. No way.

I want no part of KRod or Beltran.

Beltran's not a bad player but he's owed a huge sum of money next year and he's prone to injury. And KRod is a nightmare.

I would be interested in Reyes, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Turn Off Ads?