Turn Off Ads?
Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Drew Stubbs

Re: Drew Stubbs

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    I want no part of KRod or Beltran.

Beltran's not a bad player but he's owed a huge sum of money next year and he's prone to injury. And KRod is a nightmare.

I would be interested in Reyes, however.
    I'd pass on all those guys.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Stubbs is now hitting .218 on the season. OPS down to .648. CF has become the new biggest need on this team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Uncle.

"So Fla Red"

Someone steal Dusty's lineup card and move the guy down to the 7th or 8th spot the rest of the road trip. He's scuffling bigtime and lost at the plate.

Uncle Stubbs and Uncle Heisey. Please bring in cool cousin Gerardo Parra.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I'd say the problem hitters on the team are Stubbs, Heisey, Cozart, Mesaraco, Cairo, Valdez, Rolen. That's more than half of the 13 position players. Cozart and Mesaraco are rookies and get a pass at this point - they show flashes at the plate and Cozie earns his keep with the glove while Mes is still learning his craft from Hanigan. Valdez I'd keep as the super sub who can play infield or outfield spots with decent defense - anything he hits is a plus. But Stubbs and Heisey are a huge problem as is Rolen. Ludwick and Frazier need to play everyday and Rolen should be relegated to the bench until he retires. Heisey and Stubbs should split CF until they can get a replacement or just settle them into the 8th spot and keep them for defense. Then look for a better left fielder. Bat BP leadoff and Ludwick cleanup, force Cairo out. Bring up Navarro and see if his bat translates. He was once a hot commodity but his attitude and work ethic was questioned. It's not unheard of for a young man to learn the hard way and adjust his attitude after a sojourn. Can he hit worse than Cairo? Really? Would opening a spot for Hanigan or Mes to pinch hit every game if needed be a bad thing? Rolen could rest and pinch hit and perhaps in that role he'd be strong when called upon. I just think the answers for this year might be staring the Reds in the face if they'd make some hard decisions concerning Cairo and Rolen and platoon Heisey and Stubbs in CF.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

It's really scary watching a manager make out a lineup card and continue to do things that even the fans know are wrong, i.e. batting Stubbs 2nd. Yikes.

I promise to boycott the game tomorrow if Stubbs is in the two hole. I have had enough. I need a break from watching him one way or another.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Someone steal Dusty's lineup card and move the guy down to the 7th or 8th spot the rest of the road trip. He's scuffling bigtime and lost at the plate.
    Only for the road trip? He doesn't belong any higher than 7th ever. If not for his D he'd be in the minors.

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio View Post
    Only for the road trip? He doesn't belong any higher than 7th ever. If not for his D he'd be in the minors.
    He's awful, my biggest gripe is he doesn't show any inclination to make changes, he doesn't pick up off speed pitches very well, but insists on having maybe the longest swing on the team. Drew choke up hit a slapper on 0-2...

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Stubbs should have been traded sometime along the way when he still had value. He's not the answer in CF, and neither is Heisey. Too many similar guys on this team and not enough guys who simply get on base. Frustrating.

0 for his last 28 now. I don't mean to pile on the guy, but he has been downright dismal lately.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

He should be in AAA. The phrase "Pathetically Awful" comes to mind.

He's barely a major league player, yet we have him batting in front of our best hitter. It's inconceivable.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Dusty on batting Stubbs 2nd every game: "Well, (chews on toothpick), well, uh, you see here, (curses Bartman under his breath), speed kills you know. Drew just uh, needs to, you know, not bat .210 and he'll be fine. Plus, and you guys don't know this because you never played with Hank Aaron, but speed kills. I should have mentioned that earlier. Plus, Drew is a former first-rounder. Act like you know!"

Turn Off Ads?