Turn Off Ads?
Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Drew Stubbs

Re: Drew Stubbs

Time to cut the bait...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Forget hitting 2nd, he doesn't belong playing anymore. He's a defensive replacement and a pinch running. His numbers have been steadily declining, and he's 27.

It's time. I'll be surprised if he's not traded at the deadline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

He's in the 2 hole tomorrow. Bank on it.

Nothing against none of you guys or anything but after tonight I feel so frustrated I think Im gonna just take a break. Im not gonna read this site and Im not gonna watch or listen to any Reds game until after the break. watching Stubbs go 0-for a million is mentally draining for any fan. Dusty has to shake up this lineup. What hes putting out there on a nightly basis isnt getting it done I read somewhere where Joe Maddon had like 45 different lineups in the teams first 45 games. Dusty hasn't changed the lineup other than injuries or the occasional day off for 81 games or so it seems. I had to vent. Sorry. Id say get rid of Stubbs but who would take him? Im sure now that Ive called him out he will tease us with his amazing hitting abilities and speed for a few games.
    "Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Forget hitting 2nd, he doesn't belong playing anymore. He's a defensive replacement and a pinch running. His numbers have been steadily declining, and he's 27.

0 for 28 now.

You know those questions like, who is the only player to hit 40 homers in a season and catch 10 fly balls in a game? You know, those combo type questions about who did two different things?

How about this one. Name the only player to strike out over 200 times in a season and go 0 for 50?

Im so glad somebody started this subject about stubbs.I have lost all patiance with stubbs.He has never done anything for this team with his bat.He has to be one of the worst hitters in the league and I would LOVE to know how the guy is still on the reds big league roster.Send him down to AAA or better yet trade him for anything.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

My cousin sent me this just now... I LOL'd. Love a good Dos Equis reference.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

The 2013 projected arbitration Super 2 cutoff is 2.134. Drew Stubbs is just barely past that. In other words, if the Reds want to keep him next year, he's going to cost quite a bit more than the minimum salary. But let's be real: although Drew Stubbs has been disappointing, he hasn't been overall horrible. He's clearly in a slump, but his overall performance has been better than five of the hitters currently on the team.

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    The 2013 projected arbitration Super 2 cutoff is 2.134. Drew Stubbs is just barely past that. In other words, if the Reds want to keep him next year, he's going to cost quite a bit more than the minimum salary. But let's be real: although Drew Stubbs has been disappointing, he hasn't been overall horrible. He's clearly in a slump, but his overall performance has been better than five of the hitters currently on the team.
    Drew is beyond streaky so let's see where this ends up at the end of 2012. The direction since 2010 hasn't been promising. 2013 is a no-brainer on bringing him back (unless he is dealt), but he will start getting expensive as the fuse is shrinking rapidly (nice 4th reference) on his cost/value to the organization.

Barring a trade the plan should be Drew in 2013 keeping things warm for Hamilton manning CF in 2014 and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post

What moronic team would possibly be interested in acquiring him for their big league roster? I'm quite sure that other GMs know, as we do, how useless he is with the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    What moronic team would possibly be interested in acquiring him for their big league roster? I'm quite sure that other GMs know, as we do, how useless he is with the bat.
    In a league that employs Chone Figgins and gives him semi-regular playing time, Stubbs can find a job on a major league team.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    But let's be real: although Drew Stubbs has been disappointing, he hasn't been overall horrible.
    218/293/355 and striking out in a third of your at bats is Cory Pattersonesque. You can quibble about horrible if you want.

Stubbs is like Paul Janish, he plays defense well enough that if he can hit 250 then he belongs on the major league roster.

But you got to hit 250. 220 isn't getting it done.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    I bet somebody out there likes his "potential" still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    218/293/355 and striking out in a third of your at bats is Cory Pattersonesque. You can quibble about horrible if you want.

Stubbs is like Paul Janish, he plays defense well enough that if he can hit 250 then he belongs on the major league roster.

But you got to hit 250. 220 isn't getting it done.
    In terms of OPS+ Drew Stubbs has been almost 50% better this year than Corey Patterson was as a Red. But I don't see much point in talking about this if you're going to talk about batting average. Curtis Granderson isn't hitting .250 either.

Stat geek...and proud
    -0.4 WAR. I'm thinking I miss Chris Dickerson right about now. That career .351 OBP would play on this team even with no pop.

Turn Off Ads?