Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Last 39 at-bats, 2 hits, 2 rbi, 14 K's.
    So his BABIP in that stretch is .042?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Re: Drew Stubbs

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    So his BABIP in that stretch is .042?
    Wouldn't it be .080? Since Ks aren't in play?
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Wouldn't it be .080? Since Ks aren't in play?
    He had 2 hits, but one was a HR. 1-24.

If Stubbs gets a single in his first game after the break, and nothing else, he will have the rare 4 game cycle, in which he got a homer, triple, double and single in each game and nothing else.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    If Stubbs gets a single in his first game after the break, and nothing else, he will have the rare 4 game cycle, in which he got a homer, triple, double and single in each game and nothing else.
    Boom, I'm glad someone is paying attention.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Last 39 at-bats, 2 hits, 2 rbi, 14 K's.
    He's channeling Bernie Mac, in Mr. 3000.

But this isn't fiction, and Stubbs isn't 47 years old.
    sorry we're boring

I just want to say how much more I enjoy Drew Stubbs now that he's hitting in the 8 hole. He made a nice play to cut off a ball in the gap in game 1 and he did it again on the Giants only hit last night. Then you watch Pagan misplay his triple and you realize how nice it was to have Stubbs running around out there. And he has a hit in each of the first two games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

So far starting Stubbs has been exactly the right choice for both games.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    So far starting Stubbs has been exactly the right choice for both games.
    I've counted at least three times that he's saved runs by cutting balls off in the gaps. In a place like AT&T, that's invaluable, no matter what he does at the plate. It will be interesting to see whether Dusty values him starting at GABP, which is not as spacious. Might it be worth starting Heisey for the extra offense?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Stubbs has hits in 2-straight games and squared up a few other balls. Im not sure, at this point, that Heisey is ANY increase in offense. This team is built around pitching and defense and Id be floored if Stubbs werent the starter tomorrow night.

As always, Stubbs makes sense against southpaws. He had good looks against Bumgartner, and even managed to handle a righty after that. Not sure if he started feeling a little more comfortable after batting against the lefty or what. Also makes sense having Stubbs in the spacious AT park OF. There were a few cut-off plays that Stubbs made very nicely that I'm not sure what Heisey does.

Still, if we have a home game against a righty, I think Heisey is the right choice as his issues are minimized, and allows an extra reasonable bat in the lineup.

Funny little state we kept hearing late in the season as to what the Reds record was when Drew scored in a game? He's scored in both games and we're 2-0. I like that.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

It was also nice to know last night that with Hanigan on first and Stubbs at the plate, that the DP was going to minimized. Sure enough, what happens? Stubbs hits it to second, but low and behold he beats it out at first. Its nice to have that. Despite his hitting woes.

I thought Stubbs looked like a general out there in CF. His demeanor has been sharp. He catches the ball with ease and fires it right back in to the pitcher to keep the pace. He is a nice comfort when you have the lead on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I just want to say how much more I enjoy Drew Stubbs now that he's hitting in the 8 hole. He made a nice play to cut off a ball in the gap in game 1 and he did it again on the Giants only hit last night. Then you watch Pagan misplay his triple and you realize how nice it was to have Stubbs running around out there. And he has a hit in each of the first two games.
    Agree with you completely. I'm okay with Drew in the 8 hole because of what he brings on defense. Next, they should tell him to forget about cutting down on his swing to try increase contact and limit his strikeouts, and go back to taking a full rip and trying to hit with power.

Turn Off Ads?