Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How good of a baseball player is Leake

Reds Fan 4 life!!!!!

Re: How good of a baseball player is Leake

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    I knew we got a steal with him in the draft, Strasburg had allthe hype of course, but I really feel we got as good, if not better, pitcher in Leake.
    You have been saying that since the draft. I give you props for making that call. I LOVE this kid. Lets hold up to crown him the next Cy Young. Ill be happy if he matures into a perennial 15 game winner.
    "Ahh, Jesus, I like him very much, but He no help with curveball." - Serrano. "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?" - Harris in Major League (1989)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I admit I wasn't thrilled with the pick when we made it but, boy oh boy - was I ever wrong. Leake is a complete stud. However, I must disagree that he is a better hitter than Owings - Owings can freaking rake. Remember last year when we put him in to pinch-hit in the 9th down 3 and he tied the game with a homer? However, I will say that it seems clear that we have the two best hitting pitchers in baseball.
    I only meant Leake "looked" better at the plate than Owings. I didn't mean he was a better hitter. I think Leake looks better at the plate than Owings as far as his pitch selection and overall approach, where Owings is more of a swing for the fences type at the plate.

I definitely wouldn't argue against Owings with his track record at the plate in the big leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post

On the pick off play, it actually looked like Castillio slid just enough to the outfield side of the bag Votto missed his arm with the swipe tag. It was very close nonetheless.
    Weren't there two straight pickoff attempts. I know Votto missed the tag on the second one, but I thought he had him on the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Weren't there two straight pickoff attempts. I know Votto missed the tag on the second one, but I thought he had him on the first one.
    There were, IIRC on TV the cameraman didnt get a good view of the first one, either that or I, myself, just wasn't paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by ian_madden View Post
    You have been saying that since the draft. I give you props for making that call. I LOVE this kid. Lets hold up to crown him the next Cy Young. Ill be happy if he matures into a perennial 15 game winner.
    I agree 100%, if he can become/maintain a regular 15 game winner, I will be excited, and the rest will fall in place.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

I dont know if Leake could win a Cy Young but I also have a hard time seeing him being a failed major league pitcher. Both are possible but the chances seem limited to me on both.

Turn Off Ads?