Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arthur Rhodes: at what point do we try to sign him for 2011?

Re: Arthur Rhodes: at what point do we try to sign him for 2011?

Maybe he can open a sports bar with David Weathers?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Maybe he can open a sports bar with David Weathers?
    I was wondering the other day where Stormy was. I am somewhat surprised that he didn't get an offer to pitch this season.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I was wondering the other day where Stormy was. I am somewhat surprised that he didn't get an offer to pitch this season.
    Every year they brought Stormy back I bemoaned it and claimed that was the year he'd turn into a pumpkin. Every year he turned in very serviceable numbers and quietly did his job.

Boy was I wrong about him.

Now we appear to be in the same vortex with Sir Arthur. Hopefully it plays out the same way and down the road we'll look back wistfully.

Every year they brought Stormy back I bemoaned it and claimed that was the year he'd turn into a pumpkin. Every year he turned in very serviceable numbers and quietly did his job.

Now we appear to be in the same vortex with Sir Arthur. Hopefully it plays out the same way and down the road we'll look back wistfully.
    David Weathers is one month younger than Arthur Rhodes. Just thought that was interesting.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Me too. I'm pretty sure I said he was done during the 2005 season but he kept proving me wrong every year.

On Rhodes, I think they should wait until later in the year, but if Rhodes continues pitching well then count me in favor of bringing him back next season.

Turn Off Ads?