Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuesday 05/04/10 Minor league Updates

Re: Tuesday 05/04/10 Minor league Updates

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    He's not closing in Louisville because the Reds don't want him as a closer. He's in the role he'll be in in Cincy.

Adkins did very well for the Bats in 2008, supposedly did very well in Korea in 2009, but seems to have really lost it.
    So who is the heir apparent to Cordero?

Between Ondrusek, Burton, Bray, Fisher, J.Smith, and Masset- you would think the Reds could get one of these guys ready to step into the closer role once Cordero is gone.
    Last edited by Benihana; 05-05-2010 at 04:54 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Speaking of which . . . is Arredondo expected to pitch this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post

Between Ondrusek, Burton, Bray, Fisher, J.Smith, and Masset- you would think the Reds could get one of these guys ready to step into the closer role once Cordero is gone.
    I'm thinking Masset most likely. But I like him as an 8th inning guy personally.

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Speaking of which . . . is Arredondo expected to pitch this year?
    No, he's expected to miss the entire season.

What's the word on Bray's status?

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Johnny Cueto??
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Johnny Cueto??
    i stated in another thread that it wouldn't suprise me if Johnny was moved to the pen at some point this season. say when Chapman & Wood are ready. maybe Harang goes & Johnny moves to the pen.

2011 staff:
    Arroyo-Leake-Bailey-Chapman-Wood/Volquez as starters.
    Coco-DRH-Masset-Cueto-Owings-Maloney-etc as relievers.

it seems Cueto has mental lapses on the mound. as a reliever he could stay more focused. plus as a reliever he could rear back & let it fly compared to a starter that has to pace himself.

IMO both Cueto & Bailey are not locks for the 2011 rotation. I suspect Arroyo could be back if he has a good year. But even with Harang gone we have Chapman, Wood, Volquez & even lesser guys like Maloney pressing for a chance. the team will not have an endless patience with Cueto & Bailey.
    Last edited by Will M; 05-06-2010 at 08:01 PM. Reason: oops

Turn Off Ads?