Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Appreciation for my hometown of Cincinnati (and the surrounding area)

Appreciation for my hometown of Cincinnati (and the surrounding area)

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, because I will be moving to Bloomington for school this fall. And while I won't be far from home, or even away from for a long period of time, it still won't have the everyday role in my life that it does now.

I know a lot of Cincinnati natives including many posters here have issues with the city and wishes it were different. Myself included. But I believe that if you live in any city for a long time, there will be always things that you don't like about it.

So I figured I would make this thread in appreciation for the good things that Cincinnati is, because despite its flaws, it still is a great city, and I'm glad that I had the privilege to grow up here.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Appreciation for my hometown of Cincinnati (and the surrounding area)

So you're gonna be a Lion. (by Bloomington I assume you mean Bloomington, MN and that you're going to Normandale Community College).
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    So you're gonna be a Lion. (by Bloomington I assume you mean Bloomington, MN and that you're going to Normandale Community College).
    Actually, Bloomington IN, where I'll be a Hoosier, eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post

Go to the Bluebird. Often.

http://www.thebluebird.ws/
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    Go to the Bluebird. Often.

http://www.thebluebird.ws/
    And Nick's.
    And The Upstairs Pub
    And Bear's Place
    and
    I miss college. Best of luck to you and I agree. I went to IU beginning in 1996 and have been in Indiana since but Cincinnati is still home.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

jredmo2

Haven't lived there since high school. I've thought about moving back ever since college, but it's just a little too tame in Cincy to make me move back. I'll have plenty of time for that when I'm old... as for now I need excitement.

Turn Off Ads?