Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mets/Reds May 5th

Re: Mets/Reds May 5th

Quote Originally Posted by HalMorrisRules View Post
    Great! Hernandez runs through a stop sign at 3rd and gets thrown out by a country mile. Reds lead 2-1
    I was hoping he ran through it, cause I would have had to strangle the 3rd base coach for sending him with Votto coming to the plate and bases loaded. Hernandez was actually was of our smarter players also, why oh why do our players insist on being STUPID.

2. Turn Off Ads?

that crap doesnt work for me.

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I was hoping he ran through it, cause I would have had to strangle the 3rd base coach for sending him with Votto coming to the plate and bases loaded. Hernandez was actually was of our smarter players also, why oh why do our players insist on being STUPID.
    On the radio, Brantley said Hernandez ran through Berry's stop sign even before he got close to the plate and just sounded totally frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I know, we could have had Votto up with the bases loaded!!!

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Back to back homers for Phillips and Gomes

That's gotta be all for Cueto, not a bad day overall.

I have seen Hernandez run through several stops signs in the last year-plus and he has been out by a mile each time.

PS I realize it was several innings ago, but I just signed on.

I thinnk Dusty isnt satisfied with using 6 pitches for 9 innings so hes now going to make sure the starters go 6 throwing 120 and still using 5 relievers.

Since Dusty read the team the riot act for dumb baserunning we have had Phillips getting picked off first (and smiling at the camera afterwards in the dugout), Phillips admiring a shot off the wall (which cost the Reds a run in a one-run game) and Hernandez running through the stop sign and being thrown out from here to there. I am probably missing several other base-running gaffes. Nice to see the team taking what Dusty said to heart.

Nice as well to see Janish finally get a start. What's that you say, Cairo is playing third?
    Dusty loves him some veteran garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I thinnk Dusty isnt satisfied with using 6 pitches for 9 innings so hes now going to make sure the starters go 6 throwing 120 and still using 5 relievers.
    I am halfway surprised he didn't bring Cueto back out to start the 7th.

I should have known that Cairo's hit was of the infield variety. His other two hits on the season were a bunt single in front of the plate and a weak groundball that went off the glove of the pitcher. Janish isn't in Dusty's doghouse; he is chained to a tree behind it.
    Last edited by texasdave; 05-05-2010 at 02:44 PM.

Rhodes gets a pop out to 3rd for the second out of the inning. Rhodes has thrown 24 pitches so far here in the 7th.

Struck him out! Nice job by Rhodes.

Massett in. hold on to your butts

Turn Off Ads?