Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cubs fans

Cubs fans

All I have for Cubs fans is a big SCREW YOU! It sickens me every time I see a Cubs vrs Reds game where the Cubs fans show up loud and proud at GABP. It's time the Reds team and fans take their home field back in this series and send those cocky bastards home. Thank you Redlegs.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cubs fans

agreed. 4-2 vs those bastards so far is good. Not to mention the 14-2 schalacking we handed them last night
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

We have to start drawing more than 20,000 in these games. Why can't we get good weekend crowds at the ballpark anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    We have to start drawing more than 20,000 in these games. Why can't we get good weekend crowds at the ballpark anymore?
    When we stop flirting with .500 and play like we did in the 70s, late 80s, early to mid 90s, and 99-00 the fans will show back up. Until then people like me are fed up with the bull**** of this organization. Reds fans are sending a message to the owners, 9 straight losing seasons is not acceptable, the owners are embarrassing the legacy of our great teams of the past, SCREW THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    Pretty simple. Last time the team was remotely good was 1999, last time they made the playoffs was 1995.

Not many teams who havent been to the playoffs in 15 years draw many fans.

You also have to remember that a decent portion of Reds fans are from outside the Tri-State area. I live in Illinois and am inundated by Cubs and Cardinals chatter all the time. I can only attend 1-2 games a year, so why would I drive over four hours to listen to more nonsense? I also no longer attend games with the Braves for the same reason.

I've been a devoted Reds fan for 35 years, but when I travel to Cincy for a game, I like to be surrounded by Reds fans for a change. I guess ultimately it comes down to getting more season ticket holders to show up so it's not easy pickings for the Cubs fans to come over and get prime seats.

Well i know one thing. i enjoyed pausing my TV and laughing at the cubs fans faces after Votto's Homerun blast.

My buddy was at the game and said he was surrounded by cubs fans. He did a little dance after the votto Homerun and told the Cubs fans they better pack up their stuff now its a longgg drive home. lol

Wacting it on WGN, there was a foul ball that the Cubs 3'rd base coach thrwe into the stands, nothgn but Cubs shirts around where he threw it. The cubs broadcasters stated something ot the effect of "he found a pocket of Cubs fans and threw it to them" and his partner responded, never hard to do at GABP.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

Yeah the seats behind and to the side of the Cubs dugout are always 80-90% Cubs fans for those series. Can't wait for the time when the Reds continue to win enough for that to change. For now I was just happy to be standing on the corner behind the camera well when Votto went yard and watch all the Cubs fans have to sit there uncomfortably while the Reds faithful cheered for a few minutes to get Joey to come out and give a curtain call.

I was there on Friday. Hearing "Let's go Cubbies" all during Starlin Castro's last AB of the night was one of the most depressing experiences of my Reds fanship. On the other hand, the Cubs fans weren't as bad as I have experienced in the past, and there were plenty of Reds fans cheering, (and booing the Cubbie fans on the kiss cam!)

Rojo Johnson #99

I went to a Cubs game at Wrigley this past September and did not get any grief. I had a special moment walking out of the stadium after the Reds won. A Reds fan walking by held out his hand and we exchanged high fives. It was nice to get the Cubs on their home field.

i live in il to.so i see the reds at busch stadium.
    please check out my baseball site.plenty of reds,phillies and astros pictures.http://shannonsbaseball.webs.com/

Just turn to the nearest Cub fan and state "isn't it nice to visit a real baseball field?"

^I dont get it?
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

* Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Turn Off Ads?