Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Baseball on Yahoo! update

Fantasy Baseball on Yahoo! update

I have read that Yahoo will release it's fantasy baseball game on Thursday, February 20th. That's two days away. Just wanted to give a heads up for those that are going to be setting up Yahoo leagues for Redszone. Not sure if you have leagues filled up already, but if not, please let me know who will be setting these leagues up so I can PM you with my information. Good luck to all this season, and have FUN.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

fantasy league for the super-busy?

I would love to get into a fantasy league with some members of this board, but simply don't have time. Some of you have even been kind enough to ask me to join your fantasy leagues or sim leagues, but I'm already in one keeper league and that's too much to keep up with.

If it's possible to do such a thing, I would be interested in getting into a head-to-head league with Redszoners with MONTHLY transactions.... or a draft-it-and-forget-it sort of league.

I have time to prepare for the draft (which is the most fun anyway), but don't have time to reset my lineups every time my second baseman sprains an ankle.

Anyone know of such a thing and is anyone interested?
    Stick to your guns.

chili,
    I know on Yahoo you can set your lineup for the whole season all at once if you want, or do it once a week, once every two weeks etc. Now, if you have a player that gets hurt in the middle of the week and you have him in your starting lineup for the next four weeks, it will keep him on your active roster. Personally, the leagues I get in (that don't involve money, and I play just for fun) I access on Monday morning and set my roster until the next Sunday (1 week). If a player gets hurt during the week, I will try to check back with my team and move him out of my active roster and replace him. If I don't have time that week, oh well, but I do make adjustments that next Monday so that I don't have an inactive player in my active roster for more than 6 days max. That keeps it fair for all teams in the league. I simply don't think it's far that one team plays you head to head and they beat you because you had an injured player on your active roster, and then another team loses to you because you got around to adjusting your roster against them. I know the way I do it isn't perfect and does leave room for improvement, but at the same time, I am keeping active as much as I can. It really doesn't have to take too much time if you don't want it to. Teams that I accessed once a week and set the roster like I described above have won championships. It can be done.

P.S. If someone wants to start a league for the "super busy" on Redszone, or first time players, I would be glad to join that league. I am competitive, but I don't have to be in a league with "all former champions of leagues" or anything. The leagues I join outside of work are just for fun and I treat them as such.
    Last edited by Red Leader; 02-18-2003 at 12:51 PM.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I'd do another friendly auto-draft, head to head league. (Neo, Was ours head to head?).

I'm not sure if Auto is the right word. We had to rank players prior to the draft, but did not have to be present for it.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

I played in one last year with members on this board. Please count me in again.

VBR

Time is the Revelator.

Auto draft is no fun.

I'll play if we get to draft our own guys.

Re: Auto draft is no fun.

Originally posted by LvJ
    I'll play if we get to draft our own guys.
    i would much rather have a live draft vs. auto draft as well.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I also favor a live draft, especially Yahoo's version. I like the chat feature and that you don't have to keep refreshing the page all the time like with Sandbox. I'll play in as many leagues as will have me.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

Live vs. Auto.

I hear ya.

I think there will end up being quite a few different leagues. Rotisserie vs. Head to Head and Live vs. Auto. There usually is. With only 10 teams/league, there were quite a few going last year between sandbox and yahoo.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Live draft is so much more fun. It's not that slow (if all are there or put it on autopilot), and it gives you MUCH more control over your lineup.

Plus, pre-ranking is a pain in the

Head to head with weekly lineups is a pretty average level of commitment and is doable with very little or alot of your time, depends on your style. I've been in leagues such as this the last couple seasons and they've been great.
    Last edited by KYRedsFan; 02-18-2003 at 06:32 PM.
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

I love the Yahoo system, and plan on starting a private points based league with a live draft. So if anyone is interested in joining, go ahead and PM me. I'm thinking of holding the live draft on March 10th, 11th, or 12th around 9pm, so let me know if you're in!

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar
    Well if any of you put together a free live draft league with very little time commitment required during the season, I might be interested.
    Stick to your guns.

Count me in for a live, fairly serious/competitive league

Me too!
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

I'm interested in joining a free competitive league with a live draft.

Turn Off Ads?