Turn Off Ads?

Thread: For all the doctors, nurses, or those otherwise in the know

For all the doctors, nurses, or those otherwise in the know

I've been dealing with some insomnia recently and tried taking melatonin. When I first tried taking it right at my bed time, I found I was wired for a few hours then was able to go to sleep.
    When I tried taking it a few hours before my bed time, I found I was unable to go to sleep for like 6 hours.
    I've also found codeine has similar effects of making me feel wired.

1) Why does my body turn these products which make everyone else sleepy into a temporary stimulant for me?

2) Among a lot of other changes, I had tried to begin a diet on Saturday, and on Sunday night and Monday night, I felt a terrible sense of hunger(along with the insomnia.) I suppose I should have expected that, but is there any way to get through it other than grinning and bearing it? I actually gave in to my hunger craving Sunday night, and was surprised to find that despite the extra calories, I had lost 5 lbs between Sunday and Monday. I suppose this speaks to the fact that I did in fact need the additional calories?
    *Don't worry I'm not trying to lose 5 lbs a day or even a week, in fact I'd like to not do that.

Any help in these matters would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: For all the doctors, nurses, or those otherwise in the know

No particular help, but anytime I'm sick and decide to take some simply sleeps, or tylenol PM's to get a great night's rest, I have to take them at like 6:00 pm, to get to sleep at 8:00 or 9:00 pm. I don't know why, but like you it takes awhile for them to really kick in and knock me out. Once I do fall asleep, I'm out pretty hard though.

Drinking plenty of water will help with hunger pains, unless its real hunger pains due to your body not having enough calories. Fruits and vegetables will help as well and won't supply empty calories.

Turn Off Ads?