Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Funniest DUMB thing you've ever done

Re: Funniest DUMB thing you've ever done

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    I tripped getting into a hot tub while on vacation in Mexico. I was holding a beer. Every part of me went under except for the hand with the beer. I spilled a little but substantially saved the Corona.
    That takes skill. It's like a Janish backhand stab and throw.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I would post all my dumb things, but this site has limited bandwidth.

Hmmmmm, which one to pick.....

Back when I was living in Syracuse me and my roommates went out one Saturday night (shocking, I know) in January. Anyway, we lived in Liverpool at the time so to get to Downtown Syracuse was about a 10-15 minute cab ride. So, we go out and do our normal drinking and hitting on chicks. Pretty standard night.

So its now 2 in the morning, the bars are closing and we hop in a cab to go home. I mentioned it was January for a reason. In January in Syracuse there is guaranteed to be 2 to 3 feet of snow on the ground at all times. So we are in cab and one of my buddies starts hitting the other two of us on legs and making hand gestures. We immediately understand that he wants to jump on the cab (in other words run and not pay). Both my other buddy and I shake our heads no because no planning was done beforehand. But Pete, my buddy with the idea, starts diagramming our plan on his leg. Now to jump a cab is not difficult. So the plan is easy. You get out and all run in different directions. We finally agreed.

We get to the apartment complex we lived in and took the cab to the farthest corner of the "Village." The Village was large enough that by doing this we would have plenty of room to run and plenty of buildings to run thru to get cabby to lose us rather easily. Anyway, we stop, all three of us get out, and WHAM all take off running. Well, Pete ran one way. Trev and I ran another but the same way. Still not a big deal but if Cabby had decided to chase up there were two of us running together. Well, we turned and ran behind some buildings and that meant we were running in 2 and a half feet of snow. We are running and looking back, running and looking back.

All of a sudden, Whap, I ran into something hard. My glasses went flying! I doubled over in pain. Turns out I ran straight into a tree stump. Rib high. I sat there for a couple of minutes trying to catch my breath. Trev didn't see me and he kept running so it was just me. I tried to find my glasses but in the snow in the dead of night, they were gone. I then decided I was walking right down middle of road and if cabby found me then so be it I would pay. He didn't. But it took me about an hour to find my way back to my apartment. With two cracked ribs.

Oh, and I still beat Trev home. He got lost even worse than me!
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

If you want a list, call my wife.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Turn Off Ads?