Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lou in 2011?

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Re: Lou in 2011?

no matter what Votto did yesterday, Dempster should not have stayed in to pitch to him. Having said that, there is almost nobody on the face of this earth that dislikes the Reds current manager more than me so if it takes Piniella to send him packing, then I'm all for it
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Lou sure didn't impress me in the 7th inning yesterday. If the tables were turned, RZ would be feasting on him today.
    It may actually be better for the Reds in 2011 if Lou stays in Chicago....
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

I can't really see him coming back to the Cubs next year. They've hit their peak; they're aging and headed downward. Why would he stick around for that? Whether he wants to manage at all is anyone's guess.

Dusty Baker is a better manager than Lou Piniella
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I can't really see him coming back to the Cubs next year. They've hit their peak; they're aging and headed downward. Why would he stick around for that? Whether he wants to manage at all is anyone's guess.

Ryne Sandberg is tanned, rested and ready in Des Moines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Bring Lou back!!!

As the color guy instead of Brantley.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Bring Lou back!!!

As the color guy instead of Brantley.
    Now that would work for me.

Get Paul O'Neill back too for that matter.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    Dusty Baker is a better manager than Lou Piniella
    Neither really impresses me. I think Piniella has been over-hyped because of 1990. IMO, he's been a "fortunate son" who has been in the right place at the right time to take over managing teams (Cincy, Seattle) that had talent that was mainly constructed by others.

Now do I think Rose would have won the WS in 90 if he had been manager? Probably not. Would never be so presumptuous. There is one thing I will give Lou credit for - Rose preferred a veteran lineup and wasn't known for giving the younger players their shot. Lou did.

http://fanhuddle.com/cincinnatireds/...ncinnati-reds/

The 1990 season was completely unexpected, and completely fun. It was a team that came through when no one thought they could, with a real can-do attitude and a wonderful spirit. It was a team without a real star, though Eric Davis and Barry Larkin might qualify. The only likely Hall of Famer on the team was Larkin. This, however, was a fun bunch. Talent, enthusiasm, a true team spirit. The expiration date on the team was rather short. They had jumped from fifth to the winner’s circle, and in 1991 went back to fifth. Everything that went right in 1990 went wrong in the year before and the year after. For one, magical, wonderful, precious year, everything went right for baseball in Cincinnati. They were the wire-to-wire team, and they are still loved.
    But Lou is past his prime. With that gut he couldn't see 1B to pick it up and throw it.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?