Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mariners could release Griffey this month.

Re: Mariners could release Griffey this month.

I remember a game in the old Cinergy Field, where Bob Boone sought out Jr to pinch-hit vs the LA Dodgers.
    Jr said he was down in the clubhouse eating Nacho's when they found him. I was a JR fan but that always irked me.
    To finish the story, Jr homered off Omar Daal to win the game.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

As a fan of the game and a fan of Junior, I hate seeing him go out this way. This is when I wish the player would just retire instead of having to be "retired".

It's embarrassing.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Pinch-hit the next month with a few starts thrown in, and then let him start the series against the REDS June 18-20. Then he can retire, and they can have a Ken Griffey Junior Day in August.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Pinch-hit the next month with a few starts thrown in, and then let him start the series against the REDS June 18-20. Then he can retire, and they can have a Ken Griffey Junior Day in August.
    Let's trade Miguel Cairo straight up for him and then retire him as a Red.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Let's trade Miguel Cairo straight up for him and then retire him as a Red.
    That'd be fun.

It's a shame, he was a great player, I dont want him to go out like this, but he has put himself in this position. He was one of my idols for many, many years. I really think he needs to retire not be retired but he is making this very hard on his team and his supporting cast.
    Bowled 9 300 games, semi-retired!

Nothing like bowling a 300 game

Stat geek...and proud

The sleeping thing doesn't really bother me. It's not the first time a guy has done that. Why they just didn't wake him up is the question? Maybe they really didn't want him to hit very much. His performance on the field, however, is just sad. He just can't do it anymore. But, heck, he's an old man in baseball terms. His swing still looks sweet as ever, but, he can't get around on the fastball anymore. There's never been a better looking swing than when Jr. connected. I feel bad for the guy. I always feel bad for the guys who don't realize that they don't have the ability to do what they love to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    Lol, guy turned into a joke. Needs to go back on the 'roids.
    Is there ANY part of life you enjoy, you seem to be the most negative person I have ever run across, I honestly cant remember a positive word out of your keyboard, ever. Prostitution is legal in Nevada, may be time for you to think about a vacation?
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Is there ANY part of life you enjoy, you seem to be the most negative person I have ever run across, I honestly cant remember a positive word out of your keyboard, ever. Prostitution is legal in Nevada, may be time for you to think about a vacation?
    You paying?
    Last edited by Jack Burton; 05-11-2010 at 12:24 PM.

Turn Off Ads?