Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: 5-10-10 Cincy at the Pirates

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Re: 5-10-10 Cincy at the Pirates

Bronson is so honest and I love hearing him bluntly say "I was toast" about getting pulled from the game in the 8th inning. Glad he got the win tonight.

No sweep this time for the Pirates and hopefully the Reds are the ones pulling out the brooms!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

2 games over .500 woooooooooo
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Bronson also said he trusted Arthur to get the lefties that were coming up. Cool. He even said he didn't have great stuff tonight.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    Bronson is so honest and I love hearing him bluntly say "I was toast" about getting pulled from the game in the 8th inning. Glad he got the win tonight.

No sweep this time for the Pirates and hopefully the Reds are the ones pulling out the brooms!
    explains why Price pulled him. :O)

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

If you believe that the Pads and the Nationals aren't going to be factors in the playoffs this year, the Reds are .5 games behind the wildcard.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    If you believe that the Pads and the Nationals aren't going to be factors in the playoffs this year, the Reds are .5 games behind the wildcard.
    Believe this about the Nats; not ready to do so yet about the Pads.

Puffy Pig was right. Codero might yet send me to intensive care with his version of "shutting the door," but he gets the job done.

17-15 with a good chance to sweep this series sounds good to me. I still can't figure out why the Pirates don't give anyone fits like the Reds. Yes, they have left handed pitching, but other teams simply maul them while we have to pick and fight for two runs. Makes no sense. Anyway, a good night in RedsLand.

folks either didn't experience or don't remember John Franco. he got the job done but it seemed like a lot of the time he loaded the bases first. he seemed to get a lot of his saves via double plays to end the game.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I still can't figure out why the Pirates don't give anyone fits like the Reds.
    Over the last two year, the Reds are 19-14 vs. the Pirates, the Cards are 17-15.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Over the last two year, the Reds are 19-14 vs. the Pirates, the Cards are 17-15.
    Both teams should blast them. Mystifies me.

Cabrera's D made me long for the range of Jeff Keppinger tonight.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Both teams should blast them. Mystifies me.
    In baseball 5 over against a team in 33 games is borderline owning them. Just think, the difference between average and elite is one game every couple of weeks. The gap between the awful (Pirates) and not quite as bad (Reds) is even smaller.
    Last edited by guttle11; 05-10-2010 at 11:07 PM.

Cincinnati 2, Pittsburgh 1

Scoring Summary
    Top 4th: Cincinnati
    Nix doubled to left, J. Bruce scored, L. Nix to third on catcher R. Doumit's fielding error

Top 8th: Cincinnati
    Rolen doubled to right center, J. Votto scored

Bot 8th: Pittsburgh
    Cedeno homered to deep left

Reds Batting
    2B - O Cabrera (4, J Hanrahan); S Rolen 2 (6, R Ohlendorf, E Meek);
    L Nix (1, R Ohlendorf).
    S - B Arroyo.
    RBI - S Rolen (14), L Nix (3).
    Runners left in scoring position, 2 out - O Cabrera 2, J Votto 1, D Stubbs 1.
    GIDP - L Nix.
    Team LOB - 8

Code:
    Cincinnati 
      	IP 	H 	R 	ER 	BB 	K 	HR 
    Arroyo 	7.0 	5 	1 	1 	1 	2 	1
    Rhodes 	1.0 	0 	0 	0 	0 	1 	0
    Cordero 1.0 	0 	0 	2 	0	0	0
    Pitches-strikes -
    B Arroyo 103-72; A Rhodes 12-9; F Cordero 18-9;
    R Ohlendorf 84-47; J Lopez 28-20; E Meek 16-14; J Hanrahan 18-10.

Ground balls-fly balls -
    B Arroyo 8-13; A Rhodes 0-1; F Cordero 3-0;
    R Ohlendorf 3-5; J Lopez 4-1; E Meek 6-1; J Hanrahan 2-0.

Batters faced -
    B Arroyo 27; A Rhodes 3; F Cordero 5; R Ohlendorf 19;
    J Lopez 7; E Meek 7; J Hanrahan 4

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Didn't someone post earlier tonight that the Reds were 13-5 against the Pirates last year though? It sounds like they figured some things out last year and the Reds could easily match that same record this year (currently 1-4 with a bunch of games to go). I'm not too worried and hey, even a one run win is still a win which I'll gladly take over a division rival any day of the week.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    Didn't someone post earlier tonight that the Reds were 13-5 against the Pirates last year though? It sounds like they figured some things out last year and the Reds could easily match that same record this year (currently 1-4 with a bunch of games to go). I'm not too worried and hey, even a one run win is still a win which I'll gladly take over a division rival any day of the week.
    I saw 19-14 over the last two years (08-09), but only 1-3 this year so far. Regardless, it should be better considering how poor they've been. No matter, the past is the past and with my wife being from Pittsburgh, these games are very important to me .

Anyway, good form, Reds. Let's sweep.

Turn Off Ads?