Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dallas Braden perfect game

Dallas Braden perfect game

I have never heard of this guy. I don't own a fantasy team or watch alot of American League baseball but thats one heck of an accomplishment against the Rays. I read that he lost his mother when he was a senior in high school. Congrats to him, only 19 of them in Major League history..

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dallas Braden perfect game

you didnt hear about him yelling at a-rod to get off his mound?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic View Post
    you didnt hear about him yelling at a-rod to get off his mound?
    Thats the guy??? wow... Then double Kudos to him for a perfect game and yelling at A-Rod

Yea, and then A-Rod said something to the effect of "he can't say anything, he doesn't have enough wins."

Well, A-Rod, he does have a perfect game under his belt. I really don't like A-Rod.

How about the Tampa Bay Rays getting double perfectoed in less than a year.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    How about the Tampa Bay Rays getting double perfectoed in less than a year.
    Quite the dubious achievement, no doubt.

It's probably easier to swallow when you're as good as The Rays, though.

Announcer: "Well, what can we say?"
    Braden: "You ain't got nothin' to say. It was perfect."

I can't imagine Greg Maddux or Randy Johnson or even Matt Belisle saying something like that. Combined with the stupid, stupid over-exaggerated A-rod drama makes this guy a doof to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome View Post

I can't imagine Greg Maddux or Randy Johnson or even Matt Belisle saying something like that. Combined with the stupid, stupid over-exaggerated A-rod drama makes this guy a doof to me.
    The announcers laughed. The quote singled out sounds stupid but if you see the video its obviously a completely different tone.

Resident PED Expert

Yeah that was taken outta context. The fact he did it against the Rays makes it even more impressive. Half their bench could Start here in Cincy...

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    The announcers laughed. The quote singled out sounds stupid but if you see the video its obviously a completely different tone.
    Of course they laughed. He could have said, "I eat babies," and they would've laughed. I've watched the video. Same context, tone. I am awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome View Post

Yeah I agree. The dude comes off like a ****** bag to me as well. With the the A-Rod thing, if it was as aggregious an offense as he thought it was, he should have stuck one in his ribs and tell him if it happens again the next one would be in his earhole. Instead he pulled the old soil my diaper routine and wound up looking like as big an A-hold as A-Rod, and lets face it, that is not easy to do.

Turn Off Ads?