Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Leadoff

Leadoff

Is the leadoff problem now solved?

Cmon Dusty leave Heisey in there for awhile and use Stubbs for late inning defense!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Rojo Johnson #99

Re: Leadoff

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    Is the leadoff problem now solved?

Cmon Dusty leave Heisey in there for awhile and use Stubbs for late inning defense!
    One would think after tonight's game. We'll see how he does once pitchers figure out how to pitch to him. The key to being a good hitter is learning how to make adjustments.

Well I wouldnt say its solved, atleast not not. Hell at this point Hanigan might be our best bet at leadoff, hes been an on base machine.

not even close and cabrera will be back in the 1 hole tomorrow.

Heisey should take over LF is he hits like hes capable of. With out a doubt a LF/CF/RF combo of Heisey/Stubbs/Bruce is going to be more productive than any other combo.

If Heisey hits like he could.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

One game and everyone is on Heisey's jock.

I love the guy as a prospect......but let's give him more than one or two games.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    One game and everyone is on Heisey's jock.

I love the guy as a prospect......but let's give him more than one or two games.
    Just like our pitching problem isn't solved after last night and the last week or two. We have to see if it stays the way it should for a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    not even close and cabrera will be back in the 1 hole tomorrow.
    Don't burst my bubble Dave. I know you're right. We'll see Cabrera leading off today. But I'd really like to see Dusty give Heisey the shot that Stubbs has had and see what he can do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Heisey should take over LF is he hits like hes capable of. With out a doubt a LF/CF/RF combo of Heisey/Stubbs/Bruce is going to be more productive than any other combo.

If Heisey hits like he could.

Its been 2 games.

not to mention he only hit good for one of them.

No its not solved and No heisy wont even be in the lineup today.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    Just like our pitching problem isn't solved after last night and the last week or two. We have to see if it stays the way it should for a little while.
    My Heisey comment was tongue in cheek. But I'm a little more positive on the pitching. The reason is that Cueto has the talent to produce games like this. It wasn't just bad hitting by the Pirates or luck for Cueto with lots of at em balls. Tonight could give him the confidence he's needed to trust his stuff and pound the zone. This could be a turning point for him.

The whole staff has been solid the last couple weeks. They're pitching like we thought and hoped they would. I think the Cards are in trouble this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    Its been 2 games.

not to mention he only hit good for one of them.

No its not solved and No heisy wont even be in the lineup today.
    did you miss read what I typed or just not care?

I clearly stated "Heisey should take over LF is he hits like hes capable of"

Anyone know what our record is since Cabrera was moved to leadoff??

Pastor, dad and husband Mr Larkin's Avatar

I love Heisey, but this is just one game. Theie is no way he has earned leftfield or centerfield or the leadoff spot. Have you guys never watched a 162 game season?

Turn Off Ads?