One Half Game Out: Cardinals come to town with first place on the line

Cards lose to the Astros 6-3!

Showdown this weekend.

Civil Rights Game on Saturday.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2 Games Back!

big weekend for sure

Wow, I CANNOT wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These next 4 games are going to tell us a lot about this ball club.

-Matt

hopefully we step up.

My attitude really hasnt changed since we last went into a series vs the cards. Im still hoping for not a sweep.

I think we have a good shot at winning each of the 3 games...so I am hoping for 2-1. We just need solid starts or better from our pitching.

Garcia vs. Harang
    Wainwright vs. Leake
    Penny vs. Arroyo

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I think we have a good shot at winning each of the 3 games...so I am hoping for 2-1. We just need solid starts or better from our pitching.

Garcia vs. Harang
    Wainwright vs. Leake
    Penny vs. Arroyo
    We miss Carpenter. That's a blessing.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

The Cards aren't hitting as well as they were when we last saw them. We are tearing the cover off the ball. I think we have a GREAT chance of winning 2 out of 3

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    Wow, I CANNOT wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These next 4 games are going to tell us a lot about this ball club.

-Matt
    If we lose 3 of 4 etc, please, no one request a Fire Sale. It is a long season folks.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    If we lose 3 of 4 etc, please, no one request a Fire Sale. It is a long season folks.
    amen, we wanted a firesale whenever we were 4 under .500

Lets go 3-1 in that 4 game stretch. Win today, and take 2 of 3 vs STL and I will be very happy
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Well........you have to realize that Dusty has tinkered with the batting order and it's working better now.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    hopefully we step up.

My attitude really hasnt changed since we last went into a series vs the cards. I'm still hoping for not a sweep.
    Last time I agreed with you, this time I am much more optimistic

Quote Originally Posted by defender View Post
    Last time I agreed with you, this time I am much more optimistic

I wish i could get this sour gut feeling out like you have. But being a reds fan its hard to.

However all the signs point to us firing on all cylinders right now.

Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    hopefully we step up.

My attitude really hasnt changed since we last went into a series vs the cards. Im still hoping for not a sweep.
    If, as a fan, I don't hope for better, how can I expect the team to play better. The stinking Cubs fans continue to believe. We need to as well. We can win the series and I would love to see a Reds sweep and I think it could happen.

Reds-Cardinals for first place: Will we put our foot down this weekend?

And FINALLY do something meaningful by taking a major series from St Louis? The ERA of their starters this weekend is 1.18, 2.08, and 1.70. We really gotta come out swinging the bats and get great starts all three days.

Third time is the charm though right? We opened the year losing two out of three to St. Louis. Then lost two of three to them just about two weeks ago. Time for our boys to grow a pair and put their foot down on this crap if we ever want to be taken seriously as a contender. Now is the chance.

Turn Off Ads?