Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Could N.L. Central become a two team race?

Re: Could N.L. Central become a two team race?

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    the Cards are likely to win tommorrow with Carpenter on the mound. so they should come into town 1.5 games ahead of the Reds. exciting. if the team plays well we could be 0.5 games back or even in 1rst place after Sundays game. i hope the team hits the field friday ready to play. it seems like the Cards bring out the worst in us. time to turn that around.
    I thought we would miss Carpenter this time around?

Hope I'm right.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    I thought we would miss Carpenter this time around?

Hope I'm right.
    You are correct.....Cards still play the 'stros tomorrow, Reds are off.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

The Reds are only a 0.5 game behind the Giants for first place in the Wild Card. A Giants loss tonight pushes the Reds into a tie for first place. Yeah, yeah, it's still very early but this is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Not necessarily. If the Cards win tomorrow the Reds would have to sweep to take over first.
    Oh yeah.My days are all screwed up having not worked today.Thanks for setting me straight.
    Last edited by Captain Hook; 05-12-2010 at 11:34 PM.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I cannot wait to see the games this weekend. I'm going downtown Saturday night and probably Friday night too and I'm looking forward to seeing if these guys can keep up the great pitching here. I really hope they bring all those good vibes back from Pittsburgh with them!

And I love how quick everyone's attitudes change around here when the guys start playing better and winning games, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    I cannot wait to see the games this weekend. I'm going downtown Saturday night and probably Friday night too and I'm looking forward to seeing if these guys can keep up the great pitching here. I really hope they bring all those good vibes back from Pittsburgh with them!

And I love how quick everyone's attitudes change around here when the guys start playing better and winning games, LOL
    They always say that many of the great competitors in all of the professional sports are the ones with short memories.Same goes when it comes to posting here.No reason to look back and worry about how badly we bashed Harang or Homer or Cueto.They're great now and it's our job to let every one know it.

Personally I don't remember saying a single negative thing about this team.I knew they'd be in this position all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    They always say that many of the great competitors in all of the professional sports are the ones with short memories.Same goes when it comes to posting here.No reason to look back and worry about how badly we bashed Harang or Homer or Cueto.They're great now and it's our job to let every one know it.

Personally I don't remember saying a single negative thing about this team.I knew they'd be in this position all along.
    I've forgotten more than you'll ever know. Bad performances beg for bashing and good ones beg for praise. Such is baseball as is life.

I'm enjoying the good times.

The Giants lost so the Reds are now tied for first place in the Wild Card.

The Astros lead the Cardinals 4-0 in the bottom of the third inning in St. Louis. Chris Carpenter has allowed four runs on four hits and three walks in three innings. Bud "Chuck" Norris is pitching for the Astros. If that score holds, the Reds will move to within a 0.5 game behind the Cardinals, and would be tied in the loss column.

LOL. According to Matthew Leach, the Cardinals beat writer, Carpenter took exception to Carlos Lee slamming his bat down after missing a pitch. Is Chris Carpenter the biggest crybaby in baseball or what?

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    The Astros lead the Cardinals 4-0 in the bottom of the third inning in St. Louis. Chris Carpenter has allowed four runs on four hits and three walks in three innings. Bud "Chuck" Norris is pitching for the Astros. If that score holds, the Reds will move to within a 0.5 game behind the Cardinals, and would be tied in the loss column.
    Too bad the Reds are missing Carpenter this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Too bad the Reds are missing Carpenter this weekend.
    Yeah because from the sounds of it, the Astros sure aren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

This Cards/Astros series is a great example of why the Reds have nothing to apologize for after pummeling the lowly Pirates.

Just to update the score the Astros are up 4-1 on the Cards in the top of the 9th. After slumping most of the year Berkman has come alive this series. He homered the last 2 games and has 3 hits today.

Lead is down to 1/2 game as the Astros complete the sweep of the Cards 4-1.

Turn Off Ads?