Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds/Cards series This weekend

Senor Votto

Reds/Cards series This weekend

Anyone know who will be pitching for the Reds and Cards this weekend?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds/Cards series This weekend

Friday: Garcia vs. Harang
    Saturday: Wainwright vs. Leake (Hello!)
    Sunday: Penny vs. Arroyo

Harang v Garcia
    Leake v Wainwright
    Arroyo v Penny

Senor Votto

At least the Reds miss Carpenter

I'm there for Saturday's game! Can't wait! Hope the weather cooperates...
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Yeah, and the Cards are in a 'down' mode right now.

Senor Votto

I like the Reds chances to take 2 out of 3. Maybe sweep if Harang pitches good and they can make Wainwright have a short outing

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post
    I'm there for Saturday's game! Can't wait! Hope the weather cooperates...
    Weather is supposed to be perfect all weekend. Sunny highs around 70.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    too bad...I was anxious to see what he would cry about this trip

It would be nice if the recent surge/ coupled with the Cards in town....could get the Reds some very nice attendance numbers for the weekend.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

I'd love to see the Reds make a statement this weekend and take two of three from the Cards. A sweep would be awesome but very unlikely. Taking two of three would open some eyes.

Carpenter doesn't pitch, complains of slick balls and solar flares.

Chris Carpenter the Cardinal's erstwhile ace once again has taken issue with the Cincinnati Reds. "I didn't pitch in this series, but I am pretty sure those ball were slicker than normal. And don't get me started on the sunspot activity." Carpenter said, sitting in the dugout trying to watch Gossip Girl on his iPhone. "Everyone knows what these guys are trying to pull. Man that Blair... I just don't get her."

When asked about the slickness of the baseballs, Reds starter Bronson Arroyo said "Well, I thought they were fine. I have no comment on the sunspot thing though. I mean it, I have no comment!" Arroyo was then rushed out of the room by three men in lab coats.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

"lol"
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Thanks!! at least I got my Carpenter whining session fix. Now I'll be a completely happy man if one of our guys will man up and hit the knob of Albert's bat

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    It would be nice if the recent surge/ coupled with the Cards in town....could get the Reds some very nice attendance numbers for the weekend.
    Didn't the civil rights game get sold out last year w/ all the extra activities going on? I don't understand why they moved it up to May from June, I would think June would be better "travel season" for those coming from out of town more b/c its the civil rights game vs the actual game itself, but either way, I would assume there would be a bump in attendance on Saturday due to the extra things going on. Plus I assume there would be some Cards fan making the trip to town, plus Card fans in Southern Indy that don't get to make it to St Louis as often, but come to cincy for a game or 2 since its in driving range when the Cards are in town.

Hate to put too much emphasis on any 1 series, especially one in early May, but you've got to figure the players and managers, whether they'll say it out loud or not, consider this series a huge barometer for their remaining season. When the next 4 and they'll find themselves in 1st on Sunday evening, but even if they fall short of that, they've got to show they belong on the same diamond as the Cards, and are contenders in the division race. I think they did that in St Louis, despite lossing 2 of 3, after the sweep in Houston, they showed they could things were turning around. Take 2 of 3 vs St Louis and perhaps the game this afternoon and not only will the players be convinced, but I think the fans will be convinced and start turning up to more games, and perhaps more importantly, ownership will be convinced and start listening more intently to taking on additional salary in July/August/September for a shot to make the playoffs should a solid trade opportunity arise.

Turn Off Ads?