Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have an odd suggestion...

I have an odd suggestion...

And I think I am making it early enough.

Close the board down for the All Star Break.

give the board a rest. Let us be forced to do other things. the board can get pretty divisive, and I'm seeing a lot of posts with the words "take it private". I'm certainly guilty of the snarky tone at times myself.

So why not force a little vacation? better yet, And I certainly won't be the one to do it as it isn't my place to do so, why not make it a poll?

It's three days of no gnashing Dusty's lineups, no Stubbs can't hit, Homer can't pitch, why is Cairo here. Just a sigh that says we will reopen with a countdown clock.

Just an idea.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I have an odd suggestion...

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    And I think I am making it early enough.

Close the board down for the All Star Break.

give the board a rest. Let us be forced to do other things. the board can get pretty divisive, and I'm seeing a lot of posts with the words "take it private". I'm certainly guilty of the snarky tone at times myself.

So why not force a little vacation? better yet, And I certainly won't be the one to do it as it isn't my place to do so, why not make it a poll?

It's three days of no gnashing Dusty's lineups, no Stubbs can't hit, Homer can't pitch, why is Cairo here. Just a sigh that says we will reopen with a countdown clock.

Just an idea.
    I think you should take it private!

j/k

I think during the all-star break we should have an honorary Miguel Cairo day. That will really liven things up and get rid of the divisiveness, LOL.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I see the point, but that would be rough if this team continues playing well.

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    let's plan on it then, good idea TRF
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

It's like intervention for those who are addicted to the board... I understand the point but I'd like to be able to discuss the ASG with RZ, especially if any Reds are in it (which, since it's a requirement, there will be at least one). So I say no. But I understand the point.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

How about a button where you can voluntarily "suspend yourself" for a pre-determined amt of time? So your login doesn't work for a week or two?

I'm sure if anyone wants to suspend themselves a Mod will be happy. They have no problems banning me before

How about a button where you can voluntarily "suspend yourself" for a pre-determined amt of time? So your login doesn't work for a week or two?
    Like it.

I think TRF's suggestion is pretty interesting too.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Just noticed he said for the ASB, not until the ASB.

My bad.

I don't like it. If you don't want to read the board for a few days then you can always log out and not visit the board for a couple days. I enjoy discussing the All-Star game, Home Run Derby, and the Future's Game during that three day perioid. Also, what if the Reds make a trade or something? IIRC, the Kearns/Lopez trade happened during the All-Star break.

Leave RedsZone open for the All-Star break.

Take a few days off if you feel like, don't force a three day blackout on everyone else. (JMHO)
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 05-13-2010 at 02:47 PM.

Sometimes you can take a break. And sometimes you need a break forced upon you. And this place is hard to walk away from for a lot of us.

I thought I'd throw the discussion out there as a possibility. I'm not even a mod, but I can see some nerves seem frayed.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

No.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Sometimes you can take a break. And sometimes you need a break forced upon you. And this place is hard to walk away from for a lot of us.

I thought I'd throw the discussion out there as a possibility. I'm not even a mod, but I can see some nerves seem frayed.
    Get off my back, I can quit any time I want. I just don't want to right now, but I have it under control.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Get off my back, I can quit any time I want. I just don't want to right now, but I have it under control.
    Razor, we think you have a problem. This is an intervention for you to seek help.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Turn Off Ads?