Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Predictions for the rest of May.

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    423

    Predictions for the rest of May.

    Have some fun here, don't need to explain why you can just post your prediction.

    Current record in May: 7-4

    Remaining Games:

    14-16 vs STL (2-1)
    17-18 vs MIL (2-0)
    19-20 @ ATl (1-1)
    21-23 @ CLE (3-0)
    24-27 vs PIT (2-2)
    28-30 vs HOU (2-1)
    31 @ STL (0-1)

    Record for remaining games: 12-6

    Finishing record: 31-21

    Honestly looking at this schedule this record is very realistic IMO, as long as we take 2 of 3 from STL this weekend I think this team will keep playing great baseball.

    At the end of May we will be somewhere in between 9-11 games over .500
    YouTube - Louie G - The Deal - FULL (Jay Bruce/Reds Anthem)
    ^^ Jay Bruce Theme Song

    2009 Reds Attendance Record 2-1
    2010 Reds Attendance Record 2-2 ***Attended NLDS Game 3***
    2011 Reds Attendance Record 1-0

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member 1990REDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    472

    Re: Predictions for the rest of May.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn_RedsFan View Post
    Have some fun here, don't need to explain why you can just post your prediction.

    Current record in May: 7-4

    Remaining Games:

    14-16 vs STL (2-1)
    17-18 vs MIL (2-0)
    19-20 @ ATl (1-1)
    21-23 @ CLE (3-0)
    24-27 vs PIT (2-2)
    28-30 vs HOU (2-1)
    31 @ STL (0-1)

    Record for remaining games: 12-6

    Finishing record: 31-21

    Honestly looking at this schedule this record is very realistic IMO, as long as we take 2 of 3 from STL this weekend I think this team will keep playing great baseball.

    At the end of May we will be somewhere in between 9-11 games over .500
    Ya i think we can be somewhere in that area. We need to finish this month strong because june will be a tough month schedule wise.

  4. #3
    Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting The Voice of IH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The University of Akron
    Posts
    1,110

    Re: Predictions for the rest of May.

    the scary part is, I can see this happeneing...if we can beat the Cardnals this series
    Last edited by The Voice of IH; 05-14-2010 at 09:55 AM.
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,147

    Re: Predictions for the rest of May.

    This all seriously falls on what team shows to play this weekend.

    But i will play along.

    14-16 vs STL (2-1)
    17-18 vs MIL (1-1)
    19-20 @ ATl (2-0)
    21-23 @ CLE (3-0)
    24-27 vs PIT (3-1)
    28-30 vs HOU (2-1)
    31 @ STL (0-1)

    13-5

    The good thing about the rest of may. Even if we do bomb vs the cards. I can see us climbing back up quickly as long as this team keeps the spirit up which i think they will.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,079

    Re: Predictions for the rest of May.

    I am going to go with...

    14-16 vs STL (2-1)
    17-18 vs MIL (1-1)
    19-20 @ ATl (1-1)
    21-23 @ CLE (2-1)
    24-27 vs PIT (3-1)
    28-30 vs HOU (2-1)
    31 @ STL (0-1)

    I am going to go with 11-7. Don't want to get too greedy, a lot will depend on this weekend. If we go 2-1 this weekend I think 11,12,13 wins are all realistic possibilities. If we go 1-2 or 0-3. We are probably looking at 9-9 or worse...but losing this series is not an option. So I am firm with 11-7.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,147

    Re: Predictions for the rest of May.

    Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I am going to go with...

    14-16 vs STL (2-1)
    17-18 vs MIL (1-1)
    19-20 @ ATl (1-1)
    21-23 @ CLE (2-1)
    24-27 vs PIT (3-1)
    28-30 vs HOU (2-1)
    31 @ STL (0-1)

    I am going to go with 11-7. Don't want to get too greedy, a lot will depend on this weekend. If we go 2-1 this weekend I think 11,12,13 wins are all realistic possibilities. If we go 1-2 or 0-3. We are probably looking at 9-9 or worse...but losing this series is not an option. So I am firm with 11-7.
    9-9 would be pretty darn terrible.

  8. #7
    Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting The Voice of IH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The University of Akron
    Posts
    1,110

    Re: Predictions for the rest of May.

    I see that these are records if the Reds when the series this weekend, but lets say (god forbid lol) the Reds drop 2 to the cards, what do you think the rest of may would look like then?
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Logan/Huntington, WV
    Posts
    458

    Re: Predictions for the rest of May.

    Ill go with 11-7, if we win the series this weekend, 12-6 possibly
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

    Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

    Washington Wizards

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Columbus
    Posts
    336

    Re: Predictions for the rest of May.

    And what if we get swept?

  11. #10
    Reds Fan 4 life!!!!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Covington, Ky
    Posts
    337

    Re: Predictions for the rest of May.

    We need, and should win 18-20 games this month. This is our chance to put ourselves amongst the NL elite. Outside of the 5 games with the Cards, the schedule is pretty easy. June isn't as easy but I think we can string together some wins.
    "Ahh, Jesus, I like him very much, but He no help with curveball." - Serrano. "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?" - Harris in Major League (1989)

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    7,525

    Re: Predictions for the rest of May.

    I made my prediction about a week ago.

    I'll have to find it.

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northeast KY
    Posts
    873

    Re: Predictions for the rest of May.

    Good job on Pujols this series. The hit on Friday is pretty much all he has had.

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    7,525

    Re: Predictions for the rest of May.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I made my prediction about a week ago.

    I'll have to find it.
    Here was my prediction I posted May 10th (with one change about the "one day off" where I had put "no days off"):

    With the Offense on track, the Starting Pitching on Track, and guys like Cordero, Rhodes, Owings and Herrera to anchor the bullpen, there's no reason the REDS can't continue the .692 pace they've been on over their last 13 games.

    They should be able to continue to play at the .692 pace through May 30th as they prepare for another showdown at St. Louis with the Cardinal May 30th-June 2nd. There are 20 games between now and then with 7 of them against the Pirates and 3 against the Astros. Toss in 3 against Cleveland and two against Atlanta and 15 of those 20 games are against teams playing at a combined .393 clip. The remaining 5 games are all at home....3 against the Cards and 2 versus Milwaukee, who are currently under .500.

    If we do play at a .692 clip over these next 20 games (14-6), our record will be 30-21 heading into St. Louis, 9 games above .500. The Cardinals are currently 8 games above .500.

    There is one day off between now and then. The next day off will be June 3rd, the day after the series where we'll likely be playing for 1st place in the National League Central Division.

    Then there's a 10-game homestand June 7th-June 17th. The REDS could have their biggest attendance month (per average game) in a long time with school being out, great weather, and a 1st place club. They close out June with 6 straight home games including 3 against Cleveland.

    It's good to be a REDS' fan right now, especially if you're lucky enough to live within driving distance to their games.

    Then, Dickerson will be back, Chapman will be a hot topic, and there may be another Minor Leaguer or two who are trying to force their way onto the club. And, then there are the contracts/trade possibilities of Harang and Arroyo to consider.

    This is going to be a lot of fun.

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    423

    Re: Predictions for the rest of May.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Here was my prediction I posted May 10th (with one change about the "one day off" where I had put "no days off"):

    With the Offense on track, the Starting Pitching on Track, and guys like Cordero, Rhodes, Owings and Herrera to anchor the bullpen, there's no reason the REDS can't continue the .692 pace they've been on over their last 13 games.

    They should be able to continue to play at the .692 pace through May 30th as they prepare for another showdown at St. Louis with the Cardinal May 30th-June 2nd. There are 20 games between now and then with 7 of them against the Pirates and 3 against the Astros. Toss in 3 against Cleveland and two against Atlanta and 15 of those 20 games are against teams playing at a combined .393 clip. The remaining 5 games are all at home....3 against the Cards and 2 versus Milwaukee, who are currently under .500.

    If we do play at a .692 clip over these next 20 games (14-6), our record will be 30-21 heading into St. Louis, 9 games above .500. The Cardinals are currently 8 games above .500.

    There is one day off between now and then. The next day off will be June 3rd, the day after the series where we'll likely be playing for 1st place in the National League Central Division.

    Then there's a 10-game homestand June 7th-June 17th. The REDS could have their biggest attendance month (per average game) in a long time with school being out, great weather, and a 1st place club. They close out June with 6 straight home games including 3 against Cleveland.

    It's good to be a REDS' fan right now, especially if you're lucky enough to live within driving distance to their games.

    Then, Dickerson will be back, Chapman will be a hot topic, and there may be another Minor Leaguer or two who are trying to force their way onto the club. And, then there are the contracts/trade possibilities of Harang and Arroyo to consider.

    This is going to be a lot of fun.
    Agree entirely, great minds think alike on the predictions!!
    YouTube - Louie G - The Deal - FULL (Jay Bruce/Reds Anthem)
    ^^ Jay Bruce Theme Song

    2009 Reds Attendance Record 2-1
    2010 Reds Attendance Record 2-2 ***Attended NLDS Game 3***
    2011 Reds Attendance Record 1-0

  16. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    423

    Re: Predictions for the rest of May.

    Perfect so far!!
    YouTube - Louie G - The Deal - FULL (Jay Bruce/Reds Anthem)
    ^^ Jay Bruce Theme Song

    2009 Reds Attendance Record 2-1
    2010 Reds Attendance Record 2-2 ***Attended NLDS Game 3***
    2011 Reds Attendance Record 1-0


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25