Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris Carpenter acting like a child yet again tonight, v. Astros.

Chris Carpenter acting like a child yet again tonight, v. Astros.

Pitching against the Astros tonight, Carlos Lee popped out and slammed his bat against the ground in frustration. Lee said in the post game that he got a pitch to hit and he popped it up and was upset for not taking advantage of it. Lee wasn't looking at Carpenter as you can see from the camera angle, but Carpenter approaches the baseline and starts yelling at Lee anyway. The fight got heated and both benches cleared, with Carpenter still yelling as Lee left for the dugout.

I have to say, I don't think there is an opposing player I dislike more than Chris Carpenter. He is completely unprofessional. Whines about the balls not being rubbed down perfectly to his preference, and this isn't the first time I've seen him try to start a fight over nothing.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Chris Carpenter acting like a child yet again tonight, v. Astros.

The whole St. Louis club comes across as a bunch of cry baby children from manager on down.

They have whined about balls being slick multiple times
    Pujols said something about someone being a show boat but then watches every homer like its leaving hte planet.
    They complain about the strike zone every night
    They say every time they are hit someone is head hunting and they should be tossed out

I hope the Reds destroy them this weekend. The temper of that club seems to be leading to an implosion.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    The whole St. Louis club comes across as a bunch of cry baby children from manager on down.

They have whined about balls being slick multiple times
    Pujols said something about someone being a show boat but then watches every homer like its leaving hte planet.
    They complain about the strike zone every night
    They say every time they are hit someone is head hunting and they should be tossed out

I hope the Reds destroy them this weekend. The temper of that club seems to be leading to an implosion.
    Agreed, I used to have respect for the Cardinals for what seemed like a well ran ballclub with a good group for starting pitchers, Pujols, and role players when Jocketty was there. Now they just seem like a bunch of whiny cry-babies who don't know how to react to a loss. Suck it up clowns, your starting to act like Cubbies!

Ahh I really do hate the Cards too. I used to dislike them simply because they were good and I was jealous of their success, but they really are a bunch of crybabies.

There's no doubting Pujols is one of the best ever to play the game, but the dude cries like a schoolboy b*tch.

Pujols does do his share of whining, re: showboating and head hunting, but at least he displays professionalism most of the time. That game where Bailey mowed the Cards down last summer, he praised Bailey's stuff and stated he would be great if he stays healthy through out his career.

So of all the Cards, I take issue with Pujols the least, aside from the fact that he murders our pitching.

I'll never respect a club that has an admitted steriod user in the dugout on the coaching staff. I'll never respect a fanbase that boos Jack Clark and cheers McGwire at the Cardinal Caravan because Clark was outspoken and critical of McGwires use of 'riods. I've seen a fair amount of criticism aimed at Herzog over his criticism of McGwire as well, unreal. St. Louis always impressed me as a city and team that did baseball the right way. Not anymore, they flushed all that down the toilet when they brought McGwire back and put him in the dugout as a coach. I don't know if there is a team out there I would not pull for over St. Louis now.

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    Pitching against the Astros tonight, Carlos Lee popped out and slammed his bat against the ground in frustration. Lee said in the post game that he got a pitch to hit and he popped it up and was upset for not taking advantage of it. Lee wasn't looking at Carpenter as you can see from the camera angle, but Carpenter approaches the baseline and starts yelling at Lee anyway. The fight got heated and both benches cleared, with Carpenter still yelling as Lee left for the dugout.

I have to say, I don't think there is an opposing player I dislike more than Chris Carpenter. He is completely unprofessional. Whines about the balls not being rubbed down perfectly to his preference, and this isn't the first time I've seen him try to start a fight over nothing.
    I wish the teams ahd let them go at it, as I think Carp does this cause he knows he has that many behind him. I think he would run like a girl if Lee actually came after him.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    I wish the teams ahd let them go at it, as I think Carp does this cause he knows he has that many behind him. I think he would run like a girl if Lee actually came after him.
    Well he knows for sure Lee couldn't catch him!

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    Well he knows for sure Lee couldn't catch him!
    Haha, point noted.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Chris Carpenter should be careful - if he gets in even a slight physical confrontation, his arm which is held together by a combination of Gorilla Glue, Duct Tape, chewing gum and fishing line just might come undone.

Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Chris Carpenter should be careful - if he gets in even a slight physical confrontation, his arm which is held together by a combination of Gorilla Glue, Duct Tape, chewing gum and fishing line just might come undone.

Seriously.
    HAHA. Great Reply.

cant find a video

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post

Seriously.
    That's Hilarious, let's entice him into a fight with Gomes.

Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    cant find a video
    http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=8002637

Roid Rage?

How else do you think he recovered so well in his comeback.

Just sayin...

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Turn Off Ads?