Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lebron saga

Re: The Lebron saga

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    A court jester that put himself in a great situation to win multiple championships. The Heat have 2 of the top 4 or 5 players in the league now.
    He's piggy-backing, IMO. An alpha dog like Jordan wants to destroy the best, not partner up with them. Lebron wants to be the greatest of all time. When that's your goal, you get viewed in a harsh light.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I was a little surprised at my gut reaction.

I thought at the end of it all, he'd go to Cleveland. When I heard Miami, my instant reaction was "I'll root for every team that plays against them and will *never* root for LeBron or the Heat. The heck with him and I wish him bad luck".

Bah, humbug.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I was a little surprised at my gut reaction.

I thought at the end of it all, he'd go to Cleveland. When I heard Miami, my instant reaction was "I'll root for every team that plays against them and will *never* root for LeBron or the Heat. The heck with him and I wish him bad luck".

Bah, humbug.
    I'm not an NBA fan in the least and never saw the Cavs at the Q (haven't been to Cavs games since World B. Free was playing). I've followed things with Lebron because I can't avoid it in Akron. Now I can go back to not hearing about it except when Lebron comes home and Cavs fans let him know how they feel. Of course how he handled things leaves me hoping the Heat fail to make the Playoffs. That would be funny.

I imagine when he's in his last few seasons he'll try a comeback with the Cavs to try to remove the stench of this circus from his legacy.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

HOLY CRAP!

Look at the open letter Dan Gilbert just posted on the Cavs web site!

I'm going to post it here, because I bet it gets taken down soon:

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
    Majority Owner
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Not sure if that's classy, but it's awesomely entertaining.

Gilbert should just sell the Cavs right now. It'll be worth less and less as the days, months, years go on.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Someone give Dan Gilbert the directions to the tissue aisle.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    He's piggy-backing, IMO. An alpha dog like Jordan wants to destroy the best, not partner up with them. Lebron wants to be the greatest of all time. When that's your goal, you get viewed in a harsh light.
    LeBron just moved onto Scottie Pippen Blvd. What a pity too, he could be so much more. And to do it in such a way... the man isnt very smart for a guy saying this was a business decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    LeBron just moved onto Scottie Pippen Blvd. What a pity too, he could be so much more. And to do it in such a way... the man isnt very smart for a guy saying this was a business decision.
    Please. Lebron is much better than Pippen ever was and Pippen was a great NBA player.

This can't be compared to Jordan and Pippen, this is a different than we've seen before. You guys are crazy if you think Jordan wouldn't have played with another super star if the opportunity arose.

I really can't see any fault with Lebron going to Miami. I think it was ridiculous for him to do it in the way he did with this "Decision" show. But I think going to Miami is a great decision for him. All three of these guys are better than the Celtics "Big Three".
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

The Heat and Timberwolves have agreed on a trade that will send Michael Beasley to Minnesota.

Minnesota will absorb Beasley's salary using their cap space and will send a second round pick in 2011. Sources say the two teams will also agree to swap a first round pick in the future.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wir...#ixzz0t9qJe4xY

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Please. Lebron is much better than Pippen ever was and Pippen was a great NBA player.

This can't be compared to Jordan and Pippen, this is a different than we've seen before. You guys are crazy if you think Jordan wouldn't have played with another super star if the opportunity arose.

I really can't see any fault with Lebron going to Miami. I think it was ridiculous for him to do it in the way he did with this "Decision" show. But I think going to Miami is a great decision for him. All three of these guys are better than the Celtics "Big Three".
    Pippen choked in the clutch without Jordan, That is how LeBron will be viewed with Wade.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post

Well said, and exactly how I see it too. This talk of Lebron being a caddy is a little ridiculous IMO.

Ok first if this happened to the Reds everyone here would love for the owner to stick up for us. Good for Dan Gilbert its complete BS the way this was handled and LeBron deserves to get called on it.

And secondly LeBron will never go down as the greatest of all time. Any chance of that ended tonight. You can say Jordan would have done this but he didn't. He didn't put together a super team some place. He won with a great supporting cast. LeBron will be showered with hatred and it will be well deserved. Zero class.

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    Ok first if this happened to the Reds everyone here would love for the owner to stick up for us. Good for Dan Gilbert its complete BS the way this was handled and LeBron deserves to get called on it.

And secondly LeBron will never go down as the greatest of all time. Any chance of that ended tonight. You can say Jordan would have done this but he didn't. He didn't put together a super team some place. He won with a great supporting cast. LeBron will be showered with hatred and it will be well deserved. Zero class.

Deserve it? Maybe for this stupid show, other than that it's just petty.

Super team? They're just basketball players who want to play together. They still have to get along and play well together, they don't have super powers, if they don't play as a team they won't do well.

Would it have been ok for all of them to sign together if they all sucked?
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 07-09-2010 at 02:14 AM.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Lakers are still the team to beat if Bynum can stay healthy for an entire year.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Turn Off Ads?