Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lebron saga

Re: The Lebron saga

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    That would be awesome.
    Not for the NBA. But it's the system they devised.

Miami ... one of the worst sports markets in the US. And Riley, who coaches when it suits him, and bails when it's time to rebuild. Ugh.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

2. Turn Off Ads?

How is it that Lebron can have dinner with Jay-Z who is a minority owner in the Nyets, plus also meet with two other potential free agents in Bosh and Wade. Can anyone say tampering or does Stern only like to fine Mark Cuban.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Well, the saga cotinues to grow. The Nuggets say that they would rather trade Carmelo now than lose him after next year. Also, Pierce is opting out of his contract. Yikes.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    How is it that Lebron can have dinner with Jay-Z who is a minority owner in the Nyets, plus also meet with two other potential free agents in Bosh and Wade. Can anyone say tampering or does Stern only like to fine Mark Cuban.
    He already had dinner with Jay-Z? I thought he was going to be the first one he meets with Tomorrow.

As far as Bosh and Wade, I don't know what the league could do about players talking with one another.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Dirk Nowitzki to test FA waters.

A person familiar with the decision told The Associated Press on Tuesday that Nowitzki has notified the Dallas Mavericks he is opting out of the final year and $21.5 million on his existing contract. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the team wasn't planning to announce Nowitzki's decision.
    Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz0sLkJ9D5T

One underrated element of this Free Agency Period. Everyone is looking only at the 2010 roster. If the NBA has proven anything, it is that teams can dig themselves out of bad cap situations and that there is always some dumb team that will take on a bad contract. So, let's not rule out the Knicks for LeBron just yet. Curry's contract comes off the books after next season, freeing up $11 million.

Also, my final reason that LeBron shold go to the Knicks. He will instantly be the greatest player in Knicks history. If he goes to Chicago, he will never live up to Michael. If he goes to Miami, he is living in Wade's shadow to a certain degree. In NY, he will truly be the King.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    He already had dinner with Jay-Z? I thought he was going to be the first one he meets with Tomorrow.

As far as Bosh and Wade, I don't know what the league could do about players talking with one another.
    From Mike Fisher:

So LeBron was wined-and-dined last weekend by Nets minority owner Jay-Z. And LeBron has visited with Bosh about coming to Cleveland. And LeBron has engaged in a summit meeting (by Skype or in person) with Bosh and Wade about going to Miami.

Where the hell is David Stern? Coaching France in the World Cup? Heading up BP? Auditioning to replace Steve Carell as the incompetent boss on “The Office’’?

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/full...mn.php?id=3201

As far as players go once your a free agent you should be able to talk with anyone you want after the tampering deadline passes. It is clear that these conversations took place before the deadline had passed. Tom me the biggest violation is the fact that Jay Z had dinner with Lebron a weekend ago while he was house hunting in the NY metro area. Friends or not the NBA put out clear guidelines and this is a violation.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Dirk Nowitzki to test FA waters.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz0sLkJ9D5T
    Nowitzki is coming back to Dallas today to talk contract with the Mavs. I would imagine Pierce who opted out with the Celtics will be talking contract shortly with Boston.

I found it odd Jefferson opted out with the Spurs, however through research the Spurs want to give him a longer contract loaded up on the backend.

Gooden is the first free agent to sign, 5 yrs 32 million with the Bucks. Not a bad deal for Drew and the Bucks as he can play the 4 paired well with Bogut at the 5.

From Mike Fisher:

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/full...mn.php?id=3201

As far as players go once your a free agent you should be able to talk with anyone you want after the tampering deadline passes. It is clear that these conversations took place before the deadline had passed. Tom me the biggest violation is the fact that Jay Z had dinner with Lebron a weekend ago while he was house hunting in the NY metro area. Friends or not the NBA put out clear guidelines and this is a violation.
    Yeah, the fact that he met with Jay-Z before today is clearly a violation, it seems to me. You know if Cuban met with a player and said "we're friends" he'd have some major fines on his hands.

Atlanta's front office must be crazy:

The Atlanta Hawks offered Joe Johnson(notes) a six-year, $119 million contract Thursday morning, and sources close to the All-Star guard expect him to accept the max deal soon.

The Hawks moved quickly at midnight ET to try to secure their franchise star and offered the contract that Johnson’s agent Arn Tellem sought from the organization. Sources say ownership OK’d the max offer and general manager Rick Sund delivered it in Los Angeles.
    I did not think a team would go max money for this guy. Reminds me of Alan Houston and the Knicks.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

A person with knowledge of the negotiations says that Memphis forward Rudy Gay has agreed to a five-year max contract with the Grizzlies.

The deal will pay Gay more than $13 million per season, according to the person, who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the deal can’t be signed until July 8.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...-grizzlies-gay
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 07-01-2010 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Posting link.

Atlanta's front office must be crazy:

I did not think a team would go max money for this guy. Reminds me of Alan Houston and the Knicks.
    That just doesn't make any sense. Joe Johnson is not worth that.

That's a lot of money for Gay and Johnson, but what about Darko getting 4 years, $20 million from Minnesota?

Terrible deal for Gooden. More then likely could have gotten him for the vet min. I'm not even sure Darko would have gotten an offer from any other team.

Turn Off Ads?