Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 654

Thread: The Lebron saga

  1. #46
    CELEBRATION TIME RBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    San Marcos, CA
    Posts
    13,980

    Re: The Lebron saga

    Phil Jackson has said if he coaches next year it will be with the Lakers.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #47
    Hisssssssss Yachtzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Land of the Lost
    Posts
    7,226

    Re: The Lebron saga

    No doubt Clevelanders want to keep LeBron, but I think a lot of people around here would find it hilariously funny, if still bittersweet, if LeBron ended up with a team other than the Knicks, Nets or Bulls. Rumors of LeBron going to NY have been around ever since he entered the NBA, to the degree where some people I know seem to believe that this whole thing has been a conspiracy between Daniel Stern, Nike and the Knicks to let him start out in Cleveland to see if he could live up to his potential, then move him to NY once he finished his Cleveland deal to turn the Knicks back into a marquee NBA franchise. So if he does leave, but not to the Knicks or Nets, they would at least be able to laugh at those two teams for spending all that time and effort to make cap space for LeBron only to get stiffed. Besides, Cleveland already sees most of its best baseball players leave for NY or Boston. The Bulls not getting him would be icing on the cake (too many bad Jordan memories in Cleveland).

    Personally, I think if he's really set on winning, he has to stay with the Cavs. They have a good foundation and could make a few moves to bolster the team, provided they dump Mike Brown and maybe Danny Ferry. On the other hand, leaving for NY or NJ means he will go from playing for a regular playoff contender to a rebuilding project in the prime of his career. Even with LeBron, the Knicks have a whole lot of bad to clear out before they get good. They might make the playoffs in a year or so, but I don't see them getting further than Cleveland has with him. The Nets? Same deal and, well, they aren't going to magically have that new arena in Brooklyn next season, if it ever gets built at all.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

  4. #48
    Yay!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,393

    Re: The Lebron saga

    The latest rumors about what may have been distracting LeBron during games 5-6 are wild. Not to say that they couldn't be true...
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  5. #49
    Hisssssssss Yachtzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Land of the Lost
    Posts
    7,226

    Re: The Lebron saga

    Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    The latest rumors about what may have been distracting LeBron during games 5-6 are wild. Not to say that they couldn't be true...
    Would certainly top the "Rick Manning shacking up with Dennis Eckersley's wife while on Manning was on the DL and Eck was on the road with the team" as far as Cleveland Sports Scandals go.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

  6. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    65

    Re: The Lebron saga

    Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    No doubt Clevelanders want to keep LeBron, but I think a lot of people around here would find it hilariously funny, if still bittersweet, if LeBron ended up with a team other than the Knicks, Nets or Bulls. Rumors of LeBron going to NY have been around ever since he entered the NBA, to the degree where some people I know seem to believe that this whole thing has been a conspiracy between Daniel Stern, Nike and the Knicks to let him start out in Cleveland to see if he could live up to his potential, then move him to NY once he finished his Cleveland deal to turn the Knicks back into a marquee NBA franchise. So if he does leave, but not to the Knicks or Nets, they would at least be able to laugh at those two teams for spending all that time and effort to make cap space for LeBron only to get stiffed. Besides, Cleveland already sees most of its best baseball players leave for NY or Boston. The Bulls not getting him would be icing on the cake (too many bad Jordan memories in Cleveland).

    Personally, I think if he's really set on winning, he has to stay with the Cavs. They have a good foundation and could make a few moves to bolster the team, provided they dump Mike Brown and maybe Danny Ferry. On the other hand, leaving for NY or NJ means he will go from playing for a regular playoff contender to a rebuilding project in the prime of his career. Even with LeBron, the Knicks have a whole lot of bad to clear out before they get good. They might make the playoffs in a year or so, but I don't see them getting further than Cleveland has with him. The Nets? Same deal and, well, they aren't going to magically have that new arena in Brooklyn next season, if it ever gets built at all.
    Something tells me Portland is a sneaky wildcard.

  7. #51
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,475

    Re: The Lebron saga

    I'd think long and hard before going to New York. If he had a series playing for the Knicks like the one he just finished the Press would pound him there. Cleveland has to treat him with kid gloves right now but under a different situation in NY it'd be brutal

  8. #52
    Test for fancy coffee yab1112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    402

    Re: The Lebron saga

    Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    After seeing that, how can he not stay in Cleveland?!

    But seriously, that was pretty cool.
    My name is Cheesy Beef Burrito

  9. #53
    CELEBRATION TIME RBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    San Marcos, CA
    Posts
    13,980

    Re: The Lebron saga

    Quote Originally Posted by urdun View Post
    Something tells me Portland is a sneaky wildcard.
    And then they move the team to Las Vegas.

  10. #54
    Tired of talk. Win! Joseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Commonwealth
    Posts
    8,319

    Re: The Lebron saga

    Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    The latest rumors about what may have been distracting LeBron during games 5-6 are wild. Not to say that they couldn't be true...
    What are said rumors?

    Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

  11. #55
    Kmac5 KoryMac5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, NY
    Posts
    3,678

    Re: The Lebron saga

    ESPN stated this AM that Brown has not been fired yet, however it is probably only a matter of time. I would think they would see if Lebron coming back is a possibility before making a decision about Brown.


    I have seen some crazy rumors as well about Lebron and Delonte West. Rumor was started by a blogger who has a friend that supposedly has inside information. It is scary what some of these guys will print.

    http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...es.html?cat=14
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

  12. #56
    Hisssssssss Yachtzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Land of the Lost
    Posts
    7,226

    Re: The Lebron saga

    Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    ESPN stated this AM that Brown has not been fired yet, however it is probably only a matter of time. I would think they would see if Lebron coming back is a possibility before making a decision about Brown.


    I have seen some crazy rumors as well about Lebron and Delonte West. Rumor was started by a blogger who has a friend that supposedly has inside information. It is scary what some of these guys will print.

    http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...es.html?cat=14
    I have no sources with regard to this rumor. All I can say is that I do have a source that can verify that Delonte is into "cougars."
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

  13. #57
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,171

    Re: The Lebron saga

    Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I have no sources with regard to this rumor. All I can say is that I do have a source that can verify that Delonte is into "cougars."
    Shades of Ricky Vaughn and Mrs. Dorn in Major League.

    "I didn't know who she was. I swear to God."

  14. #58
    Hisssssssss Yachtzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Land of the Lost
    Posts
    7,226

    Re: The Lebron saga

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Shades of Ricky Vaughn and Mrs. Dorn in Major League.

    "I didn't know who she was. I swear to God."
    Mixed with Stiffler's Mom from American Pie.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

  15. #59
    Member improbus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    2,050

    Re: The Lebron saga

    1) He can't stay with the Cavs. They are hamstrung with bad contracts and are only going to get older and less effective. The organization has been trying to keep LeBron from year to year and have not tried to "build" a team.
    2) I do think that the "ordan issue is huge in Chicago. Put it this way. Jordan is the Bulls. Outside of MJ, they have been one of the worst and least relevant franchises in the history of the NBA. They're winning percentage w/o Jordan is 44% and they have never made the finals. The spectre of Jordan in Chicago is simply too large.
    3) The Nets, is LeBron willing to spend two years of his prime in Newark (although he was happy to spend seven years in Cleveland...)
    4) The Knicks....the Knicks. It has to be NY. Think about this. In Chicago, he needs to win a ton of titles to compare to Jordan whereas if he brings one to NY, he is beyond immortal. MSG is the greatest arena in sports (and I'm generally not one for hyperbole). It has to be NY. We are all thinking about 2010 only, but if LeBron/Bosh (etc..) go to NY, you will be others flock to NY. Also, if the Knicks will spend money and will go over the tax.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

  16. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Braintree, MA
    Posts
    2,071

    Re: The Lebron saga

    Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    MSG is the greatest arena in sports
    I'm sure they'll ruin it in the renovation. They always do.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25