Turn Off Ads?
Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344 LastLast

Thread: The Lebron saga

Re: The Lebron saga

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    My guess is she'll eventually say she caused him to get mad and it's all her fault resulting in her refusing to testify

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    YouTube - LeBron "Rise"

And here we go...
    Beautiful.

Can't wait till LBJ and co. start winning rings.....

I still say its going to be funny when Chicago or someone beats em in the playoffs and LeBron and Wade turn into Shaq v Kobe. They have no bench!
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I still say its going to be funny when Chicago or someone beats em in the playoffs and LeBron and Wade turn into Shaq v Kobe. They have no bench!
    YouTube - Seinfeld "Not Bloody Likely"

They are going to roll to the finals. Lakers V. Heat will be fun to watch. I'm actually pretty excited to see how many games they can win together.

Liked that video too, I've never been much of a Lebron fan, but I like him more now than when he was on the Cavs.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

We have a new low: Ohio radio station hires witch doctor to curse LeBron
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...ron/?related=1

Mike Miller being out doesn't help, and no question it will take time for this unit to mesh with Wade missing the entire preseason, but man they are getting R-O-L-L-E-D by the Celtics tonight.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Lebron taking over now.

Two things definitely stood out tonight:

1) the lack of post play by Miami, and

2) too much of a stand-still jump shooting team sans LeBron in key stretches and Wade

If Miami wants to do anything in the playoffs, they are going to have to be more aggressive in attacking the basket. Mike Miller will provide another shooter to stretch a defense, and I believe LeBron & Wade will have a lot of success driving & dishing to the wings, but nonetheless they were too guardable tonight.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Heat are going to dominate this regular season, but I don't see them beating Boston in a 7 game series.

Wade and Bosh just had the worst games of their lives and they were down by 3 with a minute left on the road at Boston. This team is going to be very, very good. Anybody saying otherwise is just in denial.

Heat are going to dominate this regular season, but I don't see them beating Boston in a 7 game series.

Wade and Bosh just had the worst games of their lives and they were down by 3 with a minute left on the road at Boston. This team is going to be very, very good. Anybody saying otherwise is just in denial.
    I agree with your second statement and because of that I have to disagree with your first. I think if that game was played in 2 or 3 months the Heat beat the Celtics fairly easily, with or without Miller.

They'll win 65 games. But they're going to struggle in the postseason. Is that very, very good?

Because that's pretty much Cleveland the last few years in a nutshell. They dominated the regular season, and where did it get them in May?

I think if anything, this game is a microcosm of all the fair criticisms that exist about this club: depth, interior play, play-makers outside of the big three, etc.

I'm not a LeBron hater, nor am I going to act like this team will only win 45 games. But I saw a game that absolutely illustrated some really big issues with that club. Yeah they stayed in the game, so what? In the NBA, most games do tend to stay competitive. When you have LeBron James, you're naturally going to stay in most every game.

Game 1 is nothing like the finished product. But I think anyone that didn't see some real issues with that club (on a championship-caliber level) is focusing too much on the names on the jerseys of three players.

So how about Lebron being a sidekick? I know it was just one game, but it looks like quite a few people were wrong.

Miami could use a reliable low post scorer and they really need to move the ball around better. They will need some team chemistry, but I don't think its a bad loss for them. Celtics have had the same nucleus for quite a few years, they're a veteran team, one of the better teams in the league, and the game was played in Boston. Hopefully this humbles Miami to the point where they really tighten up their game.

Miami doesn't have the people to space the floor on offense (its why he and Wade were a poor fit to play together) and lack guys willing to do the dirty work at both ends of the floor. Both Lebron and Wade are slashers who need lanes to drive into to, to create those lanes you need shooters who can make the defenders make a choice between taking away the the drive or leaving open a good shooter.

IMO they would have been better off with Boozer (a great back to the basket player) instead of Bosh.
    Last edited by flyer85; 10-27-2010 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    So how about Lebron being a sidekick? I know it was just one game, but it looks like quite a few people were wrong.

Miami could use a reliable low post scorer and they really need to move the ball around better. They will need some team chemistry, but I don't think its a bad loss for them. Celtics have had the same nucleus for quite a few years, they're a veteran team, one of the better teams in the league, and the game was played in Boston. Hopefully this humbles Miami to the point where they really tighten up their game.
    Jumping the gun a bit? Wade hasn't played basketball for like a month really. Of course he isn't going to be able to play much or play well. I think people were saying if LeBron wins it will be because Wade takes over in the playoffs. One regular season game with a rusty/injured Wade doesn't show anything.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    They'll win 65 games. But they're going to struggle in the postseason. Is that very, very good?

Because that's pretty much Cleveland the last few years in a nutshell. They dominated the regular season, and where did it get them in May?
    Cleveland had Mo Williams taking big shots when LBJ was double-teamed. Wade, Bosh, and Mike Miller will be taking those shots this year. It's a very different team than that Cleveland team.

I think if anything, this game is a microcosm of all the fair criticisms that exist about this club: depth, interior play, play-makers outside of the big three, etc.
    I agree. It will be interesting what happens when Mike Miller comes back. He's exactly the type of player this team needs (or appears to need after one game). Going into the year, I thought the Lakers would be the worst matchup for them, but it's hard to think that after watching last night. Garnett completely took Bosh out of the game, and Shaq/Perkins/Jermaine are going to kill the Heat at the 5 spot.

I was surprised the Heat didn't try to make it more up tempo last night considering the Celtics age, and amazing half-court D, but again, it was just one game, and their very first together.

I'm not a LeBron hater, nor am I going to act like this team will only win 45 games. But I saw a game that absolutely illustrated some really big issues with that club. Yeah they stayed in the game, so what? In the NBA, most games do tend to stay competitive. When you have LeBron James, you're naturally going to stay in most every game.
    I honestly don't think the Heat could have played worst, at least not in that first half. And they were trailing by 3 with a minute to play. Lebron had 8 turnovers, Wade had 6.... and they almost won! Bosh was probably the worst player on the floor last night as well.

I think the Heat are going to be somewhat similar to our Reds. The average to mediocre teams have NO SHOT against this team. However, these guys may struggle a bit with the Lakers/Celtics, and maybe even the Spurs/Thunder/Magic, but there's just no way teams like Golden State, Sacramento, Chicago, etc. can stay on the floor with them. Celtics are the most defensively sound team in the NBA, and they couldn't stay in front of them once they got hot. That's my opinion.

Game 1 is nothing like the finished product. But I think anyone that didn't see some real issues with that club (on a championship-caliber level) is focusing too much on the names on the jerseys of three players.

I don't expect them to win the title this year. The Lakers matchup too well with them. However, if someone else somehow comes out of the West, they may have a shot.

Turn Off Ads?