Turn Off Ads?
Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: The Lebron saga

Re: The Lebron saga

Wearing a former players new jersey does not warrant the waste of a beer, especially an expensive one. Cleveland fans are in the wrong.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Kind of speaks for itself.

I just caught an interview with this guy on ESPNews. He's obviously loving the attention. Came off as a whiner, he didn't look good at all. They also showed video where his lady friend about got into an altercation on their way out. They looked real classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Donder View Post
    I just caught an interview with this guy on ESPNews. He's obviously loving the attention. Came off as a whiner, he didn't look good at all. They also showed video where his lady friend about got into an altercation on their way out. They looked real classy.
    I predicted before seeing a picture that he would look JUST like he did. Stereotypes can be right.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

This dude is a dumbass. Any coverage he gets beyond this is beyond stupid. What did he think was going to happen?

Lets lay out some similarities.

Walking into the Black Hole in Oakland wearing a KC Cheifs Marcus Allen jersey.

Walking into Morgantown wearing a Rich Rodriguez mask.

Walking into SF Giants stadium wearing Dodger Blue.

Dressing like Steve Bartman in Wrigley.

He should NOT get his money back and he should have more common sense than to wear LeBron gear to an Indians game while its still fresh in peoples minds. Im just shocked that Clevelanders had the self control to not knock the guy out at some point in the evening.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Good to see Cleveland continue to respond with maturity in regards to the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Good to see Cleveland continue to respond with maturity in regards to the situation.
    Is Cleveland somehow exceptional in this regard? I've been to plenty of Brown' games in full Bengals gear and never had an issue. Of course I'm always respectful of the people around me and always cheer my team on in a civil manner. However, I've seen other go to games and start antagonizing everybody. Those are the ones who catch hell. I've seen the same in Cincinnati and I've seen worse at Cubs and Steelers games. And none of that compares to what we've seen from Philly fans or NY Jets fans. At least no one intentionally vomited on him or forced his girl to run a guantlet of drunks demanding she flash her lady parts. Considering security was called by the people around him, I stand by my belief that he was the primary troublemaker trying to stir things up.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Is Cleveland somehow exceptional in this regard? I've been to plenty of Brown' games in full Bengals gear and never had an issue. Of course I'm always respectful of the people around me and always cheer my team on in a civil manner. However, I've seen other go to games and start antagonizing everybody. Those are the ones who catch hell. I've seen the same in Cincinnati and I've seen worse at Cubs and Steelers games. And none of that compares to what we've seen from Philly fans or NY Jets fans. At least no one intentionally vomited on him or forced his girl to run a guantlet of drunks demanding she flash her lady parts. Considering security was called by the people around him, I stand by my belief that he was the primary troublemaker trying to stir things up.
    It's not just Cleveland fans, clearly. I just don't see how getting all fussy about someone wearing a piece of clothing is a good idea. Lebron is in Miami, that's the way it is, let's move on.

Granted, if Votto goes to the Yankees in a few years and someone sits in the SunDeck wearing a Votto Yankees jersey, I'm probably going to hammer him, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it .

By all accounts, Utah is the most vile group of fans in the NBA, so don't associate fan behavior with a city.

BTW, I believe that this guy is the ultimate tool.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

I know LeBron has taken quite a hit in the media and with fans, but here are some undeniable positives from this.
    1) The league has a true "villain/evil empire" now. The Lakers are the usual recipient of most peoples unwarranted anger, but the Heat now have stolen that mantle.
    2) The league became instantly more interesting. How are other teams going to react to this? Will it work? How will LeBron and Wade play together? Will LeBron finally become Magic 2.0?
    3) We now have at least 10-15 new "must see" games. Heat/Celtics, Heat/Lakers, Heat/Magic, Heat/Cavs, etc... It is going to be awesome. I couldn't be more excited for the NBA to start.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    I know LeBron has taken quite a hit in the media and with fans, but here are some undeniable positives from this.
    1) The league has a true "villain/evil empire" now. The Lakers are the usual recipient of most peoples unwarranted anger, but the Heat now have stolen that mantle.
    2) The league became instantly more interesting. How are other teams going to react to this? Will it work? How will LeBron and Wade play together? Will LeBron finally become Magic 2.0?
    3) We now have at least 10-15 new "must see" games. Heat/Celtics, Heat/Lakers, Heat/Magic, Heat/Cavs, etc... It is going to be awesome. I couldn't be more excited for the NBA to start.
    I wonder what the fans of teams like Atlanta, Milwaukee, Minnesota, etc think of this consolidation of "star power" with all these Triumverants. Because you know if you're not a major market with serious drawing power you have no chance at getting your own trio unless you're incredibly lucky in the draft.

If the Rumors are true youll have:
    Miami Thrice
    LA Kobe/Pau/whoever consist of a trio amongst themselves .
    Knicks: Amare, CP III, Melo
    Boston: The Aging Wonders

Im probably leaving out a bunch. But besides the Bulls drafting theirs I dont see many others.
    IMO NBA is starting to look more and more like Baseball where there going to be a handful of teams that are legitimate contenders then everyone else will be fighting for the scraps of attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Slyder,

The NBA has been like this for years. Pretty much the same teams are in the running for the championship every season.

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post

You'll get your wish. The first game the Heat will play will be in Boston.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5433607

And LeBron thanked Akron in a newspaper ad but omitted Cleveland.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5433205
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I wonder what the fans of teams like Atlanta, Milwaukee, Minnesota, etc think of this consolidation of "star power" with all these Triumverants. Because you know if you're not a major market with serious drawing power you have no chance at getting your own trio unless you're incredibly lucky in the draft.

If the Rumors are true youll have:
    Miami Thrice
    LA Kobe/Pau/whoever consist of a trio amongst themselves .
    Knicks: Amare, CP III, Melo
    Boston: The Aging Wonders

Im probably leaving out a bunch. But besides the Bulls drafting theirs I dont see many others.
    IMO NBA is starting to look more and more like Baseball where there going to be a handful of teams that are legitimate contenders then everyone else will be fighting for the scraps of attention.
    Maybe they can just play 3-on-3 half court games. Roster sizes can be reduced to 6. The stars and team owners will split the difference on the money saved. It's a win/win.

Turn Off Ads?