Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lebron saga

Re: The Lebron saga

Dirk is back in Dallas: 4 yrs 80 million dollars, nice discount given to Cuban and the boys in big D.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Knicks were apparently asked for another meeting late today w/LeBron's camp. VP and Asst. GM made the trip to Cleveland.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Knicks were apparently asked for another meeting late today w/LeBron's camp. VP and Asst. GM made the trip to Cleveland.
    Could the Knicks fit Lebron, Stoudamire, and Bosh under the same cap space? Cause otherwise I dont see LeBron fitting with the Knicks and getting them past the first round of the playoffs every year if they trade Lee and expect Stoutamire to be da man.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Could the Knicks fit Lebron, Stoudamire, and Bosh under the same cap space? Cause otherwise I dont see LeBron fitting with the Knicks and getting them past the first round of the playoffs every year if they trade Lee and expect Stoutamire to be da man.
    They could if they do a sign-and-trade w/Lee going to Toronto. Not sure why they'd want Bosh and Stoudemire. The Knicks would be better served trading for a point guard. The Parker to Knicks rumors won't die. Knicks also sniffing around Mike Miller, although I think he'll be overpaid by another team. They'd probably have to deal Curry's $11M expiring to get a point guard.

Also being reported that LeBron's business agent is meeting with Knicks brass in NY on Wednesday.

As with all of these reports ... it's coming from unnamed "sources." Same as the sources who say LeBron will not make a decision until after Wednesday. I have to think if that's the case, he's leaving Cleveland. Why wait so long otherwise. I've felt all along that he was staying, but now I'm not so sure.
    Last edited by NJReds; 07-04-2010 at 09:07 PM.

They could if they do a sign-and-trade w/Lee going to Toronto. Not sure why they'd want Bosh and Stoudemire. The Knicks would be better served trading for a point guard. The Parker to Knicks rumors won't die. Knicks also sniffing around Mike Miller, although I think he'll be overpaid by another team. They'd probably have to deal Curry's $11M expiring to get a point guard.

Also being reported that LeBron's business agent is meeting with Knicks brass in NY on Wednesday.

As with all of these reports ... it's coming from unnamed "sources." Same as the sources who say LeBron will not make a decision until after Wednesday. I have to think if that's the case, he's leaving Cleveland. Why wait so long otherwise. I've felt all along that he was staying, but now I'm not so sure.
    I forgot about the Tony Parker rumors. Would be a nice scenario for LeBron where he wouldnt be needed to neccessarily play the point. I dunno about Stoudemire, I mean Steve Nash has such great court vision that it makes it that much easier for everyone on the court to score and has a Dantoni team ever played enough defense to make a run? I don't see NY (in the short term) as being the best option even in the same 50 mile radius, let alone the rest of the league.

If he wants to win now then it has to be Chicago or Cleveland.
    If he is willing to give it a year then Miami is in play.
    If he is just after as many endorsement deals (and happy with making the playoffs every year) that he can get then the Knicks and Nets are factors.

We shall see.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I forgot about the Tony Parker rumors. Would be a nice scenario for LeBron where he wouldnt be needed to neccessarily play the point. I dunno about Stoudemire, I mean Steve Nash has such great court vision that it makes it that much easier for everyone on the court to score and has a Dantoni team ever played enough defense to make a run? I don't see NY (in the short term) as being the best option even in the same 50 mile radius, let alone the rest of the league.

If he wants to win now then it has to be Chicago or Cleveland.
    If he is willing to give it a year then Miami is in play.
    If he is just after as many endorsement deals (and happy with making the playoffs every year) that he can get then the Knicks and Nets are factors.

We shall see.
    I didn't know he was running a camp until Wednesday. That's why he's probably waiting to make an announcement. I think he's staying in Cleveland.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

I didn't know he was running a camp until Wednesday. That's why he's probably waiting to make an announcement. I think he's staying in Cleveland.
    I think if he was staying in Cleveland, he'd announce it before/during the camp. If he waits until after the camp is over, I think he is leaving.

How about a sign and trade with San Antonio: David Lee for Tony Parker?

Lee would give Duncan a huge boost, allowing him to play fewer minutes in the regular season. A four-headed monster of Lee, Blair, McDyess, and Duncan for two spots (along with limited Bonner minutes as a 3-point sniper from long distance) should make them tough to beat later on. Too, the Spurs have George Hill, who was ridiculously good as a PG for San Antonio.

Or, if you're really daring, there's always a sign-and-trade with Washington for Glbert Arenas. Lee for Arenas would give NY a scorer and a PG handle to pair with James. Give the Wiz Eddie Curry, too, in order to balance salaries.

I think he's going to announce that he's staying during the camp or just after the conclusion of the camp. Nothing like giving himself even MORE publicity to wrap up this whole ridiculous process.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    How about a sign and trade with San Antonio: David Lee for Tony Parker?

Lee would give Duncan a huge boost, allowing him to play fewer minutes in the regular season. A four-headed monster of Lee, Blair, McDyess, and Duncan for two spots (along with limited Bonner minutes as a 3-point sniper from long distance) should make them tough to beat later on. Too, the Spurs have George Hill, who was ridiculously good as a PG for San Antonio.

Or, if you're really daring, there's always a sign-and-trade with Washington for Glbert Arenas. Lee for Arenas would give NY a scorer and a PG handle to pair with James. Give the Wiz Eddie Curry, too, in order to balance salaries.
    Wouldn't touch Arenas' $80M contract w/a 10-foot pole. It's that type of move that destroyed the Knicks 10-years ago. Oddly enough, it started with a max contract to a player with bad knees (Houston).

This is pathetic....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5359255

Go LAKERS!!!

LeBron is a joke, how he has handled this process is an even bigger joke. Congrats LeBron, you got everybody to look at you.

Kobe was a free agent and it was NOWHERE near this big of a circus. LeBron is a big ole attention *****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

x
    Last edited by texasdave; 07-07-2010 at 05:19 AM.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

LeBron is announcing his decision Thursday on ESPN. That makes him a joke?

ESPN would show/announce his decision almost immediately anyway. By him inviting ESPN in, he can control the announcement more, and also extend the LBJ brand, something that is very valuable to him.

A joke? No. Smart businessman? More likely. Let's not forget one of his good buddies is Jay-Z, perhaps the most savvy businessman in hip-hop and very intelligent man.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    LeBron is a joke, how he has handled this process is an even bigger joke. Congrats LeBron, you got everybody to look at you.

Kobe was a free agent and it was NOWHERE near this big of a circus. LeBron is a big ole attention *****.
    Yeah I agree... Maybe Kobe can teach Lebron lessons on class and how to treat women?

I mean considering we are judging here.

That's not even mentioning his radio act demanding a trade and forcing teams to come to him like Lebron did in 04. Acting like Kobe has no ego is one of the funniest things I've heard recently.
    Last edited by Cedric; 07-07-2010 at 07:05 AM.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Turn Off Ads?