Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lebron saga

Re: The Lebron saga

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    LOL... Really?

Lebron is the best player in the NBA right now. No way is he 'Pippen' to Wade. I guess you just can't look past your dislike/hatred for him to realize how good he really is.
    No way Lebron heads to Miami to be second fiddle to Wade. Lebron will always be inferior to Wade in Miami because Wade did something James hasn't done, bring the first title to a team. James will always be inferior to Wade in titles. I don't think an ego driven guy like James will be able to swallow that for 5 yrs.

I think he stays in Cleveland but only signs a short term contract with them. If he was leaving Bosh would have signed with Chicago or one of the NY area teams not Miami.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Lebron asked ESPN for the special, not the other way around. The charity part is correct though.

Sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard that representatives for James contacted the network, proposing that James makes his announcement during the special.

Those sources said that James' representatives requested they be allowed to sell sponsorship for the one-hour special, with the proceeds going to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America, and that ESPN agreed to the proposal but had not been told what James has decided.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5360533

Chicago looks to be the team on the outside looking in after its all said and done. Sort of surprising considering LeBron idolized MJ, and Wade is from Chicago.

It further ensures I won't pay a lot of attention to the NBA next season.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Wow, that is the oddest way I've ever seen Kobe spelled.
    Kobe isn't the best player in the league. He hasn't been the best player in the league for a few seasons now. He just happens to be the best player on the best team (Don't know if that's going to be the case for next season).

If LeBron goes to Miami, he'll help fill up that empty bandwagon. Maybe they'll sell out a few games.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Wade and Bosch have signed with Miami. They are recruiting James for Miami as stated in the article. I still think LeBron is all about the $$$$ and will sign with Cleveland since that's where he can make the most $$$$.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-wadebosh070610
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Wade and Bosch have signed with Miami. They are recruiting James for Miami as stated in the article. I still think LeBron is all about the $$$$ and will sign with Cleveland since that's where he can make the most $$$$.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-wadebosh070610
    If he's all about the money then he'll sign in Florida where there's no ST income tax.

I agree with the poster earlier who said he'll stay in Cleveland but on a short term contract. He loves the attention so I'm sure he'd like to do this again in a few yrs

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    If he's all about the money then he'll sign in Florida where there's no ST income tax.

I agree with the poster earlier who said he'll stay in Cleveland but on a short term contract. He loves the attention so I'm sure he'd like to do this again in a few yrs
    And then he can go to the Nets when they're in Brooklyn, rather than wasting a couple years in Newark.

Only problem with this plan is that a new CBA is in the works, and chances are he'll be leaving a lot of money on the table if he does this.

I hope they do a 1 hour LeBron James Variety Show, with special guests like Dolly Parton, David Hasselhoff and Tim Conway. Top it off with comedy sketches by each team courting LeBron. Lebron then goes to the that puts on the best sketch.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I hope they do a 1 hour LeBron James Variety Show, with special guests like Dolly Parton, David Hasselhoff and Tim Conway. Top it off with comedy sketches by each team courting LeBron. Lebron then goes to the that puts on the best sketch.
    I hope no one watches. One of those things "if a tree falls in a forest but no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?". I am annoyed and sick of this NBA free agency season.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Awesome! Too bad Harvey Korman isn't around to start laughing uncontrollably during the LA Clippers sketch.

LeBron is putting making Twitter even more relavant.

Rumors today range from:
    - He's at a steakhouse in Manhattan w/D'Antoni, Walsh and Allan Houston (false)
    - He's doing his show tomorrow night from Greenwich, Conn. (rumor)
    - He's doing his show tomorrow night from Allan Houston's house in Greenwich, Conn. (rumor)

It is funny how different this is being reported than if it had occured 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Awesome! Too bad Harvey Korman isn't around to start laughing uncontrollably during the LA Clippers sketch.
    I was thinking that too. The Cavs could do an homage to the Dick Van Dyke show with Varejao flopping over the ottoman.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

I think he's headed to the Browns. They need a wide-out, right?
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    I think he's headed to the Browns. They need a wide-out, right?
    That would be HYSTERICAL!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Turn Off Ads?