Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lebron saga

Re: The Lebron saga

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    LeBron is putting making Twitter even more relavant.

Rumors today range from:
    - He's at a steakhouse in Manhattan w/D'Antoni, Walsh and Allan Houston (false)
    - He's doing his show tomorrow night from Greenwich, Conn. (rumor)
    - He's doing his show tomorrow night from Allan Houston's house in Greenwich, Conn. (rumor)

It is funny how different this is being reported than if it had occured 10 years ago.
    ESPN reporting this as fact.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Chicago Bulls have reached agreement with Carlos Boozer on a five-year contract worth $80 million, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Teams are starting to pick the apples a little closer to their reach now.
    Last edited by KoryMac5; 07-07-2010 at 11:13 PM.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Looks like the Heat or the Bulls. They are both clearing roster spots to make room for at least 2 free agents. Miami has the benefit of no state income taxes.

RBA says HEAT!
    <H1>Sources: LeBron leaning toward choosing Heat

July 8, 2010 By ALAN HAHN alan.hahn@newsday.com

After more than two years of planning and preparing, of salary dumping and cap-carving trades and wishful thinking, the Knicks may well find out that it was still not enough to land LeBron James.
    According to multiple NBA sources, the two-time MVP Thursday night is expected to choose the Heat, where he would join fellow All-Stars Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh
    </H1>http://www.newsday.com/sports/basket...heat-1.2086128

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Teams are starting to pick the apples a little closer to their reach now.
    Kinda stinks Boozer is all we end up with but he is what we have needed for so long, sort of. I would have much rather gotten Bosh at least and then made a deal for 'Melo or signed him next offseason.

I don't really have a dog in the LeBron to Miami or Cleveland fight (mostly) but if he chooses Miami I won't think nearly as much of him, I'd be really surprised if he goes there. I still say Cleveland with Chicago still the dark horse.
    Last edited by Mario-Rijo; 07-08-2010 at 10:26 AM.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Figures Jim Gray would be the MC to this freak show....from one jerk to another. Perfect.

This ruse about donating money and that is why he is doing this is absurd as well. He could afford to just donate that money out of pocket. This is all about LeBron. One last shot at being the center of attention. ESPN is now TMZ.

I like this quote......"It's gotten ridiculous," Orlando coach Stan Van Gundy said. "It's almost like a parody of itself, this whole situation now. Come on, an hour long? It takes 15 seconds to say I've decided to stay in Cleveland but we've got another 59 minutes and 45 seconds to, what? Promote LeBron James?

"As if we don't do that enough. Look, the guy's a great player and wherever he goes, my bet would be Cleveland, that place will be excited. But an hour-long special?"

I agree with Stan.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    I agree with Stan.
    I like Stan!

The Van Gundy brothers call it as they see it.

If he does choose any other team but CLE, you're going to see CLE's heart rip apart like Ralph Wiggum's did when Lisa Simpson told him she didn't like him on TV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    If he does choose any other team but CLE, you're going to see CLE's heart rip apart like Ralph Wiggum's did when Lisa Simpson told him she didn't like him on TV.
    Yeah, that's what has me thinkin' it's gonna be Cleveland. Is he really gonna go on national TV and say "screw you Cleveland"? But everyone is now saying it's the Heat. We'll see.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Yeah, that's what has me thinkin' it's gonna be Cleveland. Is he really gonna go on national TV and say "screw you Cleveland"? But everyone is now saying it's the Heat. We'll see.
    Hey Lebron, the Jerk Store is on Line 1.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

All indications are that LeBron James is leaning toward signing with the Miami Heat on Thursday night, according to several sources with knowledge of the situation.

Barring a late change of heart, sources say James has decided to join fellow All-Stars Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh to form a potential NBA powerhouse.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5363055

Not a Cavs fan, in fact had been hoping for LeBron to leave cause I really don't like Cleveland but I already feel horrible for them. If he goes on TV to do it and actually leaves then wow. Hope he has more class than that.

Where is MasonBuzz?

I honestly think this is ESPN's idea more than anyone's. I think they kinda jollied him into it. Not that he's reluctant to do it but I think ESPN wanted to break the story themselves rather than relying on getting it second hand from Twitter or a press conference.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?