Turn Off Ads?
Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lebron saga

Re: The Lebron saga

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Actually it's interesting, Jordan as a GM/Player was about as good as Jordan as a GM/President has been. The difference was Jerry Krause was too arrogant to listen to him.

The problem was that Cleveland's owner did everything Lebron wanted. There was no parent in the relationship.
    Ding ding ding, we have a winner. As a teacher, I have slowly but surely learned that no matter how smart/mature you're kids may seem to be, you are the boss and you need to be the boss.

Krause may have been an egotistical GM, but he was the right man for the job.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

2. Turn Off Ads?

Kids sell lemonade to back Cavs owner after fine.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...tfine-lemonade

Wasn't Jordan furious that the Bulls drafted Scottie Pippen? Oops. lol.

Rotoworld is reporting that Matt Barnes might sign w/ the Heat. Considering offers from Celtics, Mavs, and Lakers too, but that Miami is in the lead.

Did Jordan ever make actual specific player demands of Jerry Krause and/or the Bulls Organization? I don't remember that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Not sure. I was pretty young. Here's something I found:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...coaches/090528

Michael Jordan vs. Doug Collins
    When you're Michael Jordan, you often get what you ask for. After two years of losing to the Pistons in the playoffs, who used their "Jordan Rules" defense, Jordan began to lobby Bulls GM Jerry Krause that a change might be needed. This was no surprise, considering that Jordan and Collins did not get along for years. They kept most of their disagreements private, but the most public came in the 1986-87 season when Jordan left a practice after bickering with Collins over the score of a team scrimmage. Collins would be replaced by his assistant Phil Jackson, who, in his first year as head coach, led the Bulls to the Eastern Conference finals, only to suffer the same fate as Collins -- losing to the Pistons. Years later, when Jordan was running the Wizards, he would hire Collins to be the team's head coach.

Michael Jordan vs. Jerry Krause
    Although Bulls GM Jerry Krause eventually surrounded Michael Jordan with the coaches and players he needed to win six NBA championships, Jordan's demand for credit and what Jordan viewed as the disrespect of his not being included in personnel discussions helped perpetuate a mass exit of the team's stars after the 1998 season. The first major rift the two had was when Krause traded Jordan's best friend (to this day) Charles Oakley to the Knicks for Bill Cartwright. Jordan and Oakley reportedly found out about the trade while watching television in Las Vegas. Despite the titles the two won together, Jordan would continue to show his disdain for Krause throughout his years with the Bulls by publicly calling the overweight GM "Crumbs" because of the food stains that often appeared on Krause's clothes.

EDIT :

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...p?f=6&t=992758

^^^^ some pretty interesting Jordan quotes about his teammates.... its amazing how much MJ got away with
    Last edited by TeamSelig; 07-16-2010 at 03:24 PM.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...tate?eref=sihp

Never turn your back on Pat Riley.

Erik Spoelstra is currently the head coach of the Miami Heat, but there have been indications that president Pat Riley is interested in moving to the bench -- particularly after Miami signed LeBron James and Chris Bosh and re-signed Dwyane Wade recently.

I'm curious how Lebron's leaving is going to effect the economy in the state of Ohio, and what we'll have to do to make up for the loss.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I'm curious how Lebron's leaving is going to effect the economy in the state of Ohio, and what we'll have to do to make up for the loss.
    Not as much as sports media types would have you think. I don't think Columbus or Cincinnati or any other city other than Cleveland saw much of an economic boost from LeBron playing for the Cavs. I think the only businesses likely to be hurt are bars and restaurants near the Q. Even at that, it's not like the Cavs, Indians and Browns all moved with him. Cleveland will survive without him.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Not as much as sports media types would have you think. I don't think Columbus or Cincinnati or any other city other than Cleveland saw much of an economic boost from LeBron playing for the Cavs. I think the only businesses likely to be hurt are bars and restaurants near the Q. Even at that, it's not like the Cavs, Indians and Browns all moved with him. Cleveland will survive without him.
    I'm sure Tourism from the other places to Cleveland will take a hit too as they won't have James to market to the travelling public to watch. Also probably marginal in the big picture but when youre in the shape of some cities any little bit could be the difference between getting by on the skin of your teeth or falling into the red.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

ESPN's Ombudsman, Don Ohlmeyer weighs in.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...don&id=5397113
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    ESPN's Ombudsman, Don Ohlmeyer weighs in.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...don&id=5397113
    Ohlmeyer is an idiot. Throughout his career, it's debatable whether he has openly embraced controversy, or repeatedly stumbled into controversy due to pure blinding idiocy.

Miami re-signed Carlos Arroyo. Not the greatest shooter but was efficient last season. Good ball handler.

Just my wild guess at their rotation:

Arroyo 20 - Chalmers 20 - LBJ 8
    Wade 36 - Miller 22
    LBJ 30 - Miller 10 - Jones 8
    Bosh 36 - Haslem 10 - Howard 2
    Anthony 18 - Haslem 14 - Z 10 - Magloire/Pittman 2

I think they'll run with a James/Wade/Miller/Bosh/Haslem lineup against certain teams.

With Wade resting, they can use a Chalmers-Miller-LBJ-Bosh-Z (basically surround LBJ w/ shooters)... I think that will be pretty effective.

One of the things I like most about this Heat team is how flexible their lineup is going to be. You can go really really big, small and fast... whatever you need/want, really.
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Cavs signed Samardo Samuels today.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

hahaha

Turn Off Ads?